• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

Scooba   

Completely disagree. Acceptable? You have to realise we've played some tough opponents during this time so I'm not sure how you come up with 3/4. Why not say we have to win every game?

Three away games (Soton, Stoke and Spurs). Add West Ham at home. To claim we have to win three of those is very harsh. Especially considering the circumstances of when they are played.

Everyone is playing under the same circumstances barring a slight difference in distance travelled so that should affect all teams equally. Also consider that we can get a 2 goal lead and coast through the last third of a game conserving energy when others fight till the final whistle. To be honest I would say I probably expect us to win every game but looking at the fixtures we've had over the festive period, 3 out of 4 wins isn't bad, you can't win every away game. We are now only one win away from reaching that. I'm not sure how you can completely disagree with this, unless of course you don't share the same ambition for this season than most Chelsea fans.

Sciatika   

The A Team please.

----------Courteois

Bran---Cahill----JT-----Dave

-------Matic----Cesc

---Willian---Oscar----Hazard

-----------Costa

Everyone is playing under the same circumstances barring a slight difference in distance travelled so that should affect all teams equally. Also consider that we can get a 2 goal lead and coast through the last third of a game conserving energy when others fight till the final whistle. To be honest I would say I probably expect us to win every game but looking at the fixtures we've had over the festive period, 3 out of 4 wins isn't bad, you can't win every away game. We are now only one win away from reaching that. I'm not sure how you can completely disagree with this, unless of course you don't share the same ambition for this season than most Chelsea fans.

I think I might just have a bit more realistic expectations. We've won away to spurs twice in 9 seasons. To say you find it unacceptable if we lose or draw is to expect too much.

Since Stoke returned to the PL we've won 4 of 8 encounters at the Britannia. Before this years game it was 3/7.

After Soton got promoted we've won one and lost one before the game yesterday. They were fourth in the table and had a 6, 1, 2 record before the game yesterday. Wasn't it you who claimed they might even make a CL spot this year only a few weeks ago? Yet you expect a routine win?

No wonder people are always complaining on here. If that is what people expect they're bound to be disappointed.

The A Team please.

----------Courteois

-------Matic----Cesc

-----------Costa

I second that.

Sea foot   

The A Team please.

----------Courteois

-------Matic----Cesc

-----------Costa

I second that.

I agree, but would ask you Dave, how this squares with your "Our squad is too small, don't rotate enough, our players are being played into the ground" stance.

8 of those players started on Sunday and all 11 have played the majority of the games this season. Not trying to be confrontational but it has been your clarion call all season.

I agree, but would ask you Dave, how this squares with your "Our squad is too small, don't rotate enough, our players are being played into the ground" stance.

8 of those players started on Sunday and all 11 have played the majority of the games this season. Not trying to be confrontational but it has been your clarion call all season.

It doesn't at all. But this game (Spurs away) is a game I'd play our strongest side.

But I don't think we've rotated enough throughout the season.

I'd have to claim we should start with our second string every game in that case since we don't rotate at all.

Holymoly   

To quote Gary Neville...

"Lads, it's Spurs"

tradu81   

This is a must win game for Chelsea, cannot afford to draw another on the road after the Southampton draw. Although, a draw won't be the end of the world, regardless of whether Man City's result Chelsea will still hold onto top spot even if we lose. But as it is a derby we must bounce back with a win.

I'm confident the players will be ready, Mourinho will have his boys raring to go.

I expect 2 or 3 changes from our previous fixture. Azpilicueta should return to the starting 11 at the expense of Luis, Mikel should make way for Oscar and Schurrle will make way for Willian.

Probable Line-up:

...........................................................Courtois

Ivanovic...............................Cahill.........................Terry..........................Azpi

............................................Fabregas...................Matic

Willian.................................................Oscar...........................................Hazard

...........................................................Costa

Key I this match is to stop any service to Eriksen, Eriksen makes things happen. Terry and Cahil must also manage Kane who is in fine form.

We have to exploit their backline which is mediocre at times and we must be clinical.

It won't be a big score line but confident we will get all 3 points. Most likely with Mourinho's comments about the ref's having a campaign against us, the odds are we will get a penalty. LOL

Common Chelsea!!

We won away at WHL in 2013 (4-2). To find the next win there one would have to go back to 2006.

We have had some great difficulties there over the last 8 seasons. Far from a clear win I reckon. We get away with a draw we'd have to be happy.

Spot. On. A draw would leave us 8/12 in a very tough Christmas. I'd take that.