• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

Or you.

Exactly. Jose picks the team and he's picked mikel routinely this season. Let's go with his judgment seeing as he knows more than you and me on this matter.

Which is a shame as you haven't won a thing in your life compared to accomplished managers that have continually picked him for their respective teams.

Not strictly true............ Once won a catering size jar of pickled onoins in a civil service Christmas raffle........Took some eating and lost several girlfriends in the process......

Exactly. Jose picks the team and he's picked mikel routinely this season. Let's go with his judgment seeing as he knows more than you and me on this matter.

??? 6 starts and one sub appearance in the last 7 games for Mikel.

Kezza   

Failure to be clinical in the last third is a bigger problem than dowd. Earlier this season, Diego was literally living in the six yard box and scoring every league game but as of late, he's no where to be found in that vital part of the box. Begging crosses have gone without reward and cost us points leaving most to blame refs and a midfield shield. Fabregas, as good as he's been this season, needs to do a better job of making runs into the box especially when his 9 (Diego) has drifted wide. Luis was supposed to provide width but was ineffective in that department. Yes, refs have been poor but there's still a lot we can do to help ourselves.

Perfect response. Tired of people blaming referees and luck. They can't see the bigger problems.

??? 6 starts and one sub appearance in the last 7 games for Mikel.

Yep They swore that mikel was finished at chelsea. The script is all too familiar and worn out already.

Faramir   

Not strictly true............ Once won a catering size jar of pickled onoins in a civil service Christmas raffle........Took some eating and lost several girlfriends in the process......

Hilarious!

cam4blue   

Mikel gets his first run of games in 2 years and this gets trotted out again. Predictable in a way.

TBH I think we will play our strongest team today, so I don't expect to see him (maybe a 15 minute cameo if we're winning).

Failure to be clinical in the last third is a bigger problem than dowd. Earlier this season, Diego was literally living in the six yard box and scoring every league game but as of late, he's no where to be found in that vital part of the box. Begging crosses have gone without reward and cost us points leaving most to blame refs and a midfield shield. Fabregas, as good as he's been this season, needs to do a better job of making runs into the box especially when his 9 (Diego) has drifted wide. Luis was supposed to provide width but was ineffective in that department. Yes, refs have been poor but there's still a lot we can do to help ourselves.

Spot on assessment. I've also noticed Costa drifting wider and wider for longer periods now, rather than being in the box. We need him there, not out on the wings, and we need Hazard to make more runs into the box with the ball, where his pace, balance, ball control and technique either sees defenders back off for fear of giving away a penalty, or being brought down. Against Southampton we looked more like Arsenal, trying to walk the ball into the net. We had so much possession yet had so few attempts. Their keeper was hardly troubled all day. We have to convert all this possession into attempts on goal as a bare minimum.

Refs and "luck" shouldn't be used as excuses for dropped points... we just didn't do enough, where it mattered, to justify more than a draw against Southampton.

Faramir   

The trouble with this reasoning is he wasn't picking Mikel routinely earlier in the season. Were you happy with his judgement then?

Mikel gets his first run of games in 2 years and this gets trotted out again. Predictable in a way.

TBH I think we will play our strongest team today, so I don't expect to see him (maybe a 15 minute cameo if we're winning).

LOL. What's our strongest team? Jose picks players he feels are best suited to do the job on game day. Ask Jose why Oscar has missed out lately. Perhaps in some games he feels fabregas is better suited to play 10 than Oscar. The stoke game is a classic example. On that day, that was our strongest lineup. Point being that only Jose knows what our strongest lineup against any given opponent. And mikel is in that mix.