• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

Our Boxing Day performance v West Ham was superb. We were very good at Stoke too. Second half at Southampton we played well.

I really think the team just ran out of steam at Spurs, who scored from just about every attack. We had the chances to win that game.

Agreed- it really hurts to lose to Spurs, and especially to concede 5 against Spurs, but that pain colours what actually happened on the pitch. It was a crazy game- it's not as if all the play was Spurs or that we were under concerted pressure for extended periods. It was bizarrely even on the balance of play and could easily have finished pretty much any scoreline.

For now all anyone can say about it with any authority is that a fair few of our players had poor games. I'm not convinced the result was the natural, inevitable conclusion of some sort of pattern that we should all have been able to see, fatigue aside. Treat it as a freak result until it's not a freak result.

Hard to shake this result. I still feel violated! Watford are not high profile enough to help shake it completely... roll on the next Premiership game where we hopefully destroy by a margin of 3 goals or more.

Agree and after Swamsea who better than Newcastle. Later in the month we have the opportunity to sort out City in the League and Pool in the LC Semi so we will get our chance.

Our Boxing Day performance v West Ham was superb. We were very good at Stoke too. Second half at Southampton we played well.

I really think the team just ran out of steam at Spurs, who scored from just about every attack. We had the chances to win that game.

Hopefully the players Jose rests tomorrow will benefit, although what we really need is for some of the fringe players to give him some real options. So far this season they haven't really done so, which is why he's been reluctant to rotate. That certainly cost us at Spurs.

Really? REALLY?? Yes we had loads of possession, but we didn't do anything with it. How many saves did the Southampton keeper have to make? And you think that's playing well?

It's not crazy at all. I would 100% sacrifice Oscar.

Honestly, I've lost nearly all faith in Oscar and don't really see what the point of having him in the team is.

highlights how foolish it was to sell Mata,would much prefer to have him in the team than Oscar

Baloo   

I suppose that's one way to look at it. I'm not going to pretend that it's inconceivable that's exactly how it played out. Of course, it could have been that the club wanted a change and thought Lampards time was over and they offered him a contract that wasn't auitable for a player of his calibre or worse yet not offering him a deal at all.

Thing is that we can't be sure.

If I have to chose between 13 years of excellent service or to take the easy route and slag off a legend I'll firmly keep in the camp of giving Frank the benefit of the doubt. Especially after how he reacted after that 1-1 game against City.

I'm not slagging Frank off, and don't think for a second I don't recognise his incredible contribution to our success. That said he chose to put jeapordise his status as a flawless legend by playing for our direct challengers. See if your view is the same about him if we lose the league to City by a whisker and you watch Lampard celebrate with his new mates...all that badge kissing will count for sh t. There was a better way.

Now I've had time to calm down a bit, I've got to give credit to Kane. In the reverse fixture he was unlucky not to put Spurs 1 up early on when they were all over us for the first 10-15, so he got his reward this time around. That time we managed to make the 2-0 lead early and kill the game though.

I'm not slagging Frank off, and don't think for a second I don't recognise his incredible contribution to our success. That said he chose to put jeapordise his status as a flawless legend by playing for our direct challengers. See if your view is the same about him if we lose the league to City by a whisker and you watch Lampard celebrate with his new mates...all that badge kissing will count for sh t. There was a better way.

Can you imagine if we had pulled the same sh*t that Citeh have done with Lampard? We'd be destroyed by the press and there would be a massive investigation.

Faramir   

I'm off. Can't bear to read anything on here tonight.

Wise man.

In being critical can't accuse people of holding back. Since Newcastle we won three games each with a 2-0 scoreline followed by a 1-1 with Southampton. Even when we win there is lots of harsh criticism singled out for individuals. The team was harshly dealt with when we dropped 2 points at Southampton with the tie being mainly what we did wrong and not crediting Southampton for a very well executed game plan.

I have not read the last 10 pages of this thread yet, so not sure if anyone has given credit to Tottenham for the win. I suspect crucifying our team and slandering individual players (who they will be cheering the next time something goes right) will be the general feedback.

I just get fed up with the complete lack of loyalty. The nastiness, cruelty and genuine anger (almost hatred) directed towards a player (or the team) because of a goal conceded, a mistake made, a game lost.

If we win the league come May there will be genuine joy on these forums. But will it mask all the crap directed towards the players/team/manager over the course of the season.

Tired of the cynicism. Tired of the harshness in the critiquing of individuals.

I had to stay away from this forum after the game because I knew what I'd be reading.

C'mon lads! Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off, don't read the papers, and above all keep away from a Chelsea supporters forum!

1) all that badge kissing will count for sh t.

2) There was a better way.

1) Really? All his time at Chelsea, all his goals, all his assists, all the games he helped us win, all those magical moments, all the records he set as a Chelsea player......all of that will count for s**t in your mind, IF he now helps City win the league and he actually has the temerity to celebrate? Sorry, but imo that's being a tad precious.

2) Which was? Serious question because I'd really like to know what this 'better way' was.