• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

Faramir   

We looked dull. Doesn't matter if we scored 3 - they battered us. Mourinho needs to stop wallowing over refereeing decisions. Truth is, our performance levels are steadily declining.

We certainly didn't look dull in attack. Hazard was on fire.

Our performance levels steadily declining? So we played fair against Hull. Worse against Stoke? Dire against the Hammers? Brutal against Southampton? Is that the steady decline you have been witnessing?

Truth is there is no truth in your statement.

The trouble for Oscar is not his talent but what he is being asked to do in the game.

On paper Oscar had the #10 role against Spurs but Fabregas seemed to be getting more forward and taking less defensive responsibility in the game. We did not play a conventional 4-2-3-1 yesterday. Spurs were able to exploit us when they attacked quickly, and Terry and Cahill are not mobile enough to deal with fast forwards with hardly any protection from central midfield.

Mourinho spoke about Ramires yesterday and let us know that he was out of the side due to recovery from his injury being slow rather than being purely dropped from the side.

I would like to see Ramires and Matic taking those two central midfield slots with a mandate to protect their central defenders. Fabregas does not seem to be able to fulfill that role consistently.

A starting eleven that looks like this against top class opposition:

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Ramires Matic

Oscar Fabregas Hazard

Costa

Yes, I think we could well be missing Ramires, and would certainly rejig the side and give him a go back in the centre alongside Matic, would also drop Willian instead of Oscar as on paper Oscar is the better more rounded player (though practically, there are now certainly concerns over his consistent contribution), and Fabregas & Hazard are really beginning to play well together. Cahill or Zouma, could make a case for either to be in the side, or for putting Brana in the centre, but not sure if it would necessarily make us any more solid.

Faramir   

I have serious doubts about that now. If Oscar's ceiling is 'so much higher' than Willian's or Schurrle's it's only because you don't rate them much and not because Oscar is exceptionally talented (because he really isn't).

Oscar is not close to realising his 'potential' because, ultimately, he isn't as good as we thought he was. He is no better than when he first arrived in my honest opinion. He is a functional player who really shouldn't be a guaranteed first team player for a club with our aspirations. People think he's above the likes of Willian/Schurrle for whatever reason when in reality he is just as much of a weakness as they are.

Bison and company. All the Oscar naysayers. Please can you give me specifics as to what he did that was so bad in the half a game of football he played yesterday?

He came off at half time because tactically we were getting slaughtered because no one was playing the Fabregas central midfield position.

If Mourinho is going to play both Oscar and Fabregas then their roles need to be defined. Oscar cannot be a #10 if he is having to always go deep to compensate for a disorganized central midfield.

What are you trying to say here?

Please be more specific.

I think there are better players to be found elsewhere, not just Oscar & Willian, but a large contingent of our squad seems to be coming from Brazil these days. Costa aside (if anyone's going to start putting him amongst our Brazilian buys), none of them have made the kind of impact that I would have hoped they might, they are not of the same calibre of some past Brazilian footballers. There are certainly players from further down the Atlantic coast, Europe & Africa that could have been better acquisitions.

As for the Mata grass is greener lust, Man U fans still can't decide if he's a slow midget who does nothing defensively or a misunderstood answer to all their problems and he's been there nearly a year. The mind boggles!

The mind boggles indeed. Mata is a slow midget with no defensive ability who sometimes play well when all the stars are aligned and the team is built around him.

When asked to pull his weight he's invisible.

I'm still waiting for Mata to turn Man U into title contenders.

Baloo   

1) Really? All his time at Chelsea, all his goals, all his assists, all the games he helped us win, all those magical moments, all the records he set as a Chelsea player......all of that will count for s**t in your mind, IF he now helps City win the league and he actually has the temerity to celebrate? Sorry, but imo that's being a tad precious.

2) Which was? Serious question because I'd really like to know what this 'better way' was.

You've answered your own question and like I said he will have ruined his flawless reputation with us. There will always be that doubt, same with Gerard and the scousers when he considered a move to us. People don't forget. I just hope to God Frank does not have the opportunity to celebrate with City because he will be talked about for that achievement more than all the triumphs with us...you should now by now how our press would love that.

Of course there was a better way, you make it sound like the mafia bundled him in to the boot of a limo and drove him to the Etihad with a death threat on his family if he didn't score 20 by May. Drogbas way was better, Ashley Coles way was better..., accepting a pay cut and staying would have been better, putting Chelsea and Chelsea fans first would have been better. Yes there were several better ways. A serious answer to your serious question.

You've answered your own question and like I said he will have ruined his flawless reputation with us. There will always be that doubt, same with Gerard and the scousers when he considered a move to us. People don't forget. I just hope to God Frank does not have the opportunity to celebrate with City because he will be talked about for that achievement more than all the triumphs with us...you should now by now how our press would love that.

Of course there was a better way, you make it sound like the mafia bundled him in to the boot of a limo and drove him to the Etihad with a death threat on his family if he didn't score 20 by May. Drogbas way was better, Ashley Coles way was better..., accepting a pay cut and staying would have been better, putting Chelsea and Chelsea fans first would have been better. Yes there were several better ways. A serious answer to your serious question.

Personally, I think you should remember the player for his time at the club and what he did during that period, to go beyond that is a bit short-sighted really. If you look back to Mark Hughes's career, he was a thorn in our side when he was at Utd, a hero when he was with us, and has been a thorn again since he left. That doesn't diminish the player he was for us in anyway whatsoever. People choose different paths to go down depending on circumstances and personal goals.

Baloo   

Personally, I think you should remember the player for his time at the club and what he did during that period, to go beyond that is a bit short-sighted really. If you look back to Mark Hughes's career, he was a thorn in our side when he was at Utd, a hero when he was with us, and has been a thorn again since he left. That doesn't diminish the player he was for us in anyway whatsoever. People choose different paths to go down depending on circumstances and personal goals.

Thats the point. I will never forget Franks contribution to our club,his chelsea career was incredible and thats what makes the move too City so painful. You can't compare Mark Hughes with Lampard, He was Utd Chelsea via Barca in the same way as Fabregas, both great players but I'm talking about going down as true Chelsea legends in the mould of Ron Harris or JT.

It's interesting you mention personal goals. If it was me my personal goal would be to cement my place as a genuine chelsea legend rather than work against us. But than I speak a supporter and as I acknowledge in my opening post players and fans are not the same emotionally...that though is what sets the likes of Ron Harris and John Terry apart, it is very rare to get a player who has an affinity with their club in that way.

I felt sick when Lampard scored against us probably because in my naiveity I thought he would never put himself in a position where he had to- I should know better at my age but if thats part of Franks personal goals then so be it. What a contrast to someone like John Terry who rejected Citys huge wage offer.

You are right people choose different paths, the key word here is choice.

Thats the point. I will never forget Franks contribution to our club,his chelsea career was incredible and thats what makes the move too City so painful. You can't compare Mark Hughes with Lampard, He was Utd Chelsea via Barca in the same way as Fabregas, both great players but I'm talking about going down as true Chelsea legends in the mould of Ron Harris or JT.

It's interesting you mention personal goals. If it was me my personal goal would be to cement my place as a genuine chelsea legend rather than work against us. But than I speak a supporter and as I acknowledge in my opening post players and fans are not the same emotionally...that though is what sets the likes of Ron Harris and John Terry apart, it is very rare to get a player who has an affinity with their club in that way.

I felt sick when Lampard scored against us probably because in my naiveity I thought he would never put himself in a position where he had to- I should know better at my age but if thats part of Franks personal goals then so be it. What a contrast to someone like John Terry who rejected Citys huge wage offer.

You are right people choose different paths, the key word here is choice.

I can't say for Chopper, other than I remember long ago going along with my dad to see him play. However as much as I am a huge fan of JT, there have been times when his path could well have changed, times when he too has been in the headlines over wages & leaving the club (no-one really knows what he had on his mind at that time). At one time he was linked heavily with Arsenal. If you are talking about statues, then on that you can't compare JT to Mark Hughes, but each player that makes a worthy contribution to the club will always be remembered albeit to different degrees. Is Zola more worthy of a statue than Frank?

I suppose it all comes down to how each person judges a player, some will just say Frank is now part of Chelsea's history and leave it at that, others won't, but at the end of the day in 10 yrs time I think it is safe to say virtually everybody associated with Chelsea will remember Frank in the same way, for what he gave to Chelsea. The dust just needs to settle a bit first.

Have you seen them play lately?

Dropped two points to Burnley from a 2-0 lead and let Sunderland back in to the game from a 2-0 lead and you can't see them dropping points?

We have played Spurs home and away and they are currently a form team with momentum. They are the kind of team that can take points off of City. They were very clinical against us. Both of Kane's goals were excellent, and he won the penalty by being so quick and alert to the situation. Eriksen's pass to let in Chadli for goal #2 was weighted perfectly and Chadli's run was very well timed. Rose was lightning quick to stick it in the net. The only goal that had an element of luck was #5 when Chadli drills it and it bounces kindly off of Terry in to the corner of the goal.

Pochettino has got his team playing very well at the moment. They are definitely very confident when they attack. They are definitely back in contention for a CL place.

Well said. And not only that; we also lost to Newcastle who were in fine form. As a straight up comparison between us and city in the last 6 games; they've played 4 at home, we've played 4 away. Our four away games were Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton and Spurs. Which isn't easy by any standards. They played Leicester who are completely out of form and West Brom.

Effectively I don't think we should be panicing either and I have every faith that we'll beat City later in the month.