• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

paulw66   

Didn't we play a Lampard and Maka midfield against Bayern and Barca in 2005 and whoop them? Different times I guess.

No, we played 4-3-3 or a variant thereof.

Baloo   

He did reject it eventually Baloo, but as I remember only after he gave it a lot of consideration. He didn't reject it immediately out of hand and, furthermore, he hadn't been told that he was no longer needed by ourselves either.

Whatever went on with JT he made the right decision. Lampard as far as I understand it was offered a deal but it didn't suit him. That's all well and good but there remains something a little odd about a Chelsea player of Lampards calibre and reputation that leads him to challenge us directly.

And tonight S***s don't record a shot in the first half against Burnley.

Play like world beaters against us and then back to normal (although we did our best to help them).

Them, Villa at Villa Park, Newcastle at St James Pk are the three regulars who have made habits of this. Dangerous to predict but you watch S***s turn it in and roll over when they play City.

Only one of our back four came out with any credit at all (Dave), the others all directly contributing to at least 4 of the 5 goals. Hazard was great, no one else worth a positive mention. Fabregas had his least effective game, at a ground where he probably wanted most to shine at. Matic couldn't deal with the numbers of people by himself. Almost as soon as they equalised we lost any control we had in midfield and then subsequently lost the game.

Dowd had his customary performance when refereeing us at WHL.

All in all a throughly depressing game for us. Just hope we made/saved all our mistakes and collective very poor performances for the one game.