• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham 5 Chelsea 3

Faramir   

LOL. What's our strongest team? Jose picks players he feels are best suited to do the job on game day. Ask Jose why Oscar has missed out lately. Perhaps in some games he feels fabregas is better suited to play 10 than Oscar. The stoke game is a classic example. On that day, that was our strongest lineup. Point being that only Jose knows what our strongest lineup against any given opponent. And mikel is in that mix.

Yes, Mikel is in the mix, likewise Oscar. I think Mourinho values both of them.

Who plays will be based on his tactical planning with the opposition and venue in mind. It seems in most situations he likes to start Costa, Fabregas, Matic and Hazard. The other two front six positions are shared between a few players with three (Willian, Mikel or Oscar) getting the call most of the time.

The trouble with this reasoning is he wasn't picking Mikel routinely earlier in the season. Were you happy with his judgement then?

I accepted his judgment. I did not criticize him once for not picking mikel. Truth is it doesn't really bother me whether mikel plays or not. What does bother me is blind hate and outright lies against mikel, a chelsea player who has won it all for the club with no fuss over 8yrs while others who've done much less are worshipped even though they've been less than perfect. The unfairness is what I detest not who gets picked. I'm not the manager. I watched every game this season (mikel or no Mikel) and usually post on the game thread.

Yes, Mikel is in the mix, likewise Oscar. I think Mourinho values both of them.

Who plays will be based on his tactical planning with the opposition and venue in mind. It seems in most situations he likes to start Costa, Fabregas, Matic and Hazard. The other two front six positions are shared between a few players with three (Willian, Mikel or Oscar) getting the call most of the time.

Obviously Jose prefers Oscar starts more often than not and I cannot disagree with Jose on that. But sometimes he feels a different approach will work better against certain teams. The big letdown for me against Southampton was Luis who failed to stretch the field as I'd hoped. The duo of mikel/matic provided both fullback freedom and confidence to bomb forward at will but the desired effect did not occur. I expected more from our natural left back. Anyway I digress.

Ham   

I accepted his judgment. I did not criticize him once for not picking mikel. Truth is it doesn't really bother me whether mikel plays or not. What does bother me is blind hate and outright lies against mikel, a chelsea player who has won it all for the club with no fuss over 8yrs while others who've done much less are worshipped even though they've been less than perfect. The unfairness is what I detest not who gets picked. I'm not the manager. I watched every game this season (mikel or no Mikel) and usually post on the game thread.

I'm not sure that there's a hatred of Mikel. I hope not. I think the problem is that he very rarely has any real effect on any game he's involved in. He's just there.

Other players, be they defensive or attacking players, put in performances that regularly get lauded by fans and pundits alike. Not so much Mikel.

In short he's just a bit...... Meh.

Liverpool now have 2 penalties for handball in one game , we would get laughed off the pitch for asking if it were us.

Obviously Jose prefers Oscar starts more often than not and I cannot disagree with Jose on that. But sometimes he feels a different approach will work better against certain teams. The big letdown for me against Southampton was Luis who failed to stretch the field as I'd hoped. The duo of mikel/matic provided both fullback freedom and confidence to bomb forward at will but the desired effect did not occur. I expected more from our natural left back. Anyway I digress.

This is exactly right in my opinion. Jose knows everyones strengths and he takes every game one at a time. Mikel is a shoe in when we play away to a decent side like Southampton. He's excellent at soaking up attacks.

But when those same teams come to the bridge on the defensive, I think he's surplus to requirements and we tend to field a good attacking side, which is where Oscar thrives.

Specifically today; I am sure we're going to attack spurs with everything we've got. I'd be very surprised if Mikel starts (but might come on if we have a comfortable lead to shut up shop)... guess we'll find out in 10 minutes!

Kezza   

Liverpool now have 2 penalties for handball in one game , we would get laughed off the pitch for asking if it were us.

Then stop asking just keep working on scoring legitimate clear cut goals.

ripz   

cmon Sunderland , a draw would be so nice and also Arsenal losing, manure drawing, decent day so far. All I care is that we get out of the 4 game hard xmas run without dropping any points to City, who had a ridiculous easy xmas schedule. If we end it same pts dif as the start I'll be very happy.

cam4blue   

LOL. What's our strongest team?

It appears to be Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Costa.

You know, the players that start pretty much every game they are available for rather than players like Mikel who have started 4 league games this season.

Jose picks players he feels are best suited to do the job on game day.

He has rotated very little actually. Some on here have been criticising him for that.

Ask Jose why Oscar has missed out lately.

A journalist did and apparently he's been "ill". Keep up.

Faramir   

This is exactly right in my opinion. Jose knows everyones strengths and he takes every game one at a time. Mikel is a shoe in when we play away to a decent side like Southampton. He's excellent at soaking up attacks.

But when those same teams come to the bridge on the defensive, I think he's surplus to requirements and we tend to field a good attacking side, which is where Oscar thrives.

Specifically today; I am sure we're going to attack spurs with everything we've got. I'd be very surprised if Mikel starts (but might come on if we have a comfortable lead to shut up shop)... guess we'll find out in 10 minutes!

Nope. Chelsea is the late game. So we will have to wait a little longer. Also, being an away game it will be very unlike Mourinho to "attack spurs with everything we've got."