• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle at Stamford Bridge, before, during, and after the match.

Moderators and our legal people will keep an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note this un-moderated part of the forum is a privilege and its abuse may possibly result in the suspension of your account. Strictly no abuse towards fellow members.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 Saturday, 10th January 2015.

Khobar   

We owe them a beating. Full strength side is a no brainer. At one point I would have suggested a run out for Schurrle but something has gone badly wrong there to the extent that a loan or even a sale might be best for him. Same with Salah. Not even convinced yet by Luis to be honest.

Can't see us not winning this.touch wood.

ChAoS   

I would love to go with the below

Tibo, All Bran, Dave, JT, Gaz, Matic, Cesc, Hazard, Willian, Remy, Costa

We have seen on a couple of occasions how well Willian can be in the no.10 role last year, I remember he scored a scorcher of a goal at the bridge while playing as the number 10. With Remy on form, hope we could give him a place in the starting eleven on merit. He impress everything he steps on the field, him down the right will also add that extra goal threat in the box.

But I guess we the lineup paulw66 puts up is pretty strong. Just feel Oscar is abit knackered, should give him a breather.

trad11   

Finally a bit of luck for us. Cisse and Tiote out for this on due to AFCON (Cisse would've missed out anyway due to suspension). We actually luck out in a few fixtures with Yaya and Bony likely to be unavailable when we play their sides

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9633403/africa-cup-of-nations-and-asian-cup-players-set-to-miss-premier-league-games?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter%C2'>

We should smash them. They have no manager and were very lucky to get a draw at home to Burnley last time out.

5-0

paulw66   

Finally a bit of luck for us. Cisse and Tiote out for this on due to AFCON (Cisse would've missed out anyway due to suspension). We actually luck out in a few fixtures with Yaya and Bony likely to be unavailable when we play their sides

Great news on their absentees. Tiote is an animal who could snap Hazard in half, whilst Cisse always bloody scores against us.

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Fabregas, Matic; Remy, Willian, Hazard; Costa

Ivanovic, Cahill, Oscar and Schurrle do not deserve to start this. That's the harsh truth. Will never happen though. Feel pretty confident Jose will go with:

Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Costa

Maybe some interchanging between Rami, Fabregas and Willian as in Rami at CM, Willian at RW and Fabregas at CAM. But I think that will be the starting XI.

jones   

Agree with those who want Remy and Zouma in. Not only may Cahill and Oscar be jaded, but underperforming should lead to the bench at a club like Chelsea. Competition increases performance, and we have not had a very competitive selection process this season. I think that is extremely important, and rewarding Remy and Zouma with PL starts is long overdue in my opinion.

Courtois

Ivan Zouma Terry Dave

Matic Cesc

Remy Willian Hazard

Costa

B: Cech, Luis, Cahill, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Drogba

Oh, and Salah? He surely must be on his way. Can't even be trusted with minutes against a lower division side, then why is he here?

Edit: May be a hot potato, but I would actually give Cech the nod as well. Courtois has not been untouchable lately. You can say what you want about penalty and deflected shots, but he conceded 5 the other day, and was badly positioned for the Southampton goal.

tradu81   

Must win game, yes Newcastle have Cisse and Tiote out but they have players to replace them with. We are at home so nothing less than a win is acceptable here. Man City play away at Goodison Park against Everton so its a good opportunity for us to get some breathing space.

I would like to see Zouma ahead of Cahill who I must add has been poor in the last few matches, perhaps with the exception of the Watford game. But as we all know Mourinho, he will most likely stick with the same players.

Probable Line-up:

.......................................................Courtois

Ivanovic..........................Cahill\Zouma.....................Terry............................Azpi

........................................Fabregas..........................Matic

Willian.............................................Oscar..................................................Hazard

........................................................Costa

Against Spurs only Hazard and Costa had a good game, Fabregas was ok but the rest were shocking, so I expect a much better performance form all. Oscar and Willian also had bad games there, Willian was better against Watford but if both are poor again I would sanction a move for Reus immediately if we want to make sure we win this EPL title.

Common Chelsea!!!