• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

This is a cup semi final against The Pool so JoMo will def play our strongest line up. The only question mark is which keeper he will go for if Coutois is fit. Cech has been the cup keeper so you would think it would be him. But then who does JoMo pick for Bradford? Again it should be Cech as he is our cup keeper. But then we have to look ahead to the City game.. do we then throw in Courtois who hasn't played for a month or go with an in form Cech? It's a toughie.

At the start of the season I remember mentioning that Cech could very well raise his game and win back his place as first choice. Quite a few disagreed with that and said that if Courtois stayed that was it for Petr.

Now - that may still be the case. But the scenario I was thinking of when mentioning it to begin with was exactly what we're seeing now. A somewhat indifferent performance (Tottenham) followed by an injury and Petr has not disappointed since being drafted in.

He keeps this up and performs well in the cup games he may very well get the nod against City. Match winning performance there and it'll be tough to bench him...

Got to play our strongest XI. Saturday is when Mikel, Schurrle and Zouma will play. Play like we did Saturday and this tie could be offer Tuesday night.

Agree with this, though I do think the dole collectors will offer much more resistance than Swansea did. They're currently the form side in the division, with their 3-4-3 working quite nicely for them. They have pace, more the ball quickly, and constantly try to stretch the pitch. I reckon a draw here is a good result and we should be able to finish the job at the Bridge. This is actually one of the few games we can afford to draw, so the pressure is probably on them to force a result. Could play into our hands.

paulw66   

Strong team Tuesday, rest the stars on Saturday (Bradford are league 1) and then a strong team following Tuesday, which at least is 4 days pre City game, when obviously the strongest XI plays

This is a cup semi final against The Pool so JoMo will def play our strongest line up. The only question mark is which keeper he will go for if Coutois is fit. Cech has been the cup keeper so you would think it would be him. But then who does JoMo pick for Bradford? Again it should be Cech as he is our cup keeper. But then we have to look ahead to the City game.. do we then throw in Courtois who hasn't played for a month or go with an in form Cech? It's a toughie.

I think Cech will play this and Courtois will be back in for Bradford.

Cech hasn't done much wrong and it will be hard to drop him again later. However Courtois has always been the long term option and unless he shows himself to be weaker than Cech, he'll get his place back.

At the start of the season I remember mentioning that Cech could very well raise his game and win back his place as first choice. Quite a few disagreed with that and said that if Courtois stayed that was it for Petr.

Now - that may still be the case. But the scenario I was thinking of when mentioning it to begin with was exactly what we're seeing now. A somewhat indifferent performance (Tottenham) followed by an injury and Petr has not disappointed since being drafted in.

He keeps this up and performs well in the cup games he may very well get the nod against City. Match winning performance there and it'll be tough to bench him...

My stance at the start of the season was for Cech to retain his No.1 and just give Courtois a bit of time to find his feet , bed into our system then maybe step in if Cech's form dipped. It is a wonderful luxury having these two and I only wish there was a way to keep them both. Jose should put his thinking cap on as I think it can be done. Probably a post for the Courtois thread.

Full strength for this one. We're lucky to have both Courtois and Cech - I'd be happy either way.

I'd imagine we'll see changes at the weekend, then something verging on full strength again for the home leg, with just enough in mind for City next weekend.

A early goal to burst the Famous Anfield AtmosphereTM would be nice.

Khobar   

Who's the ref? Certain referees will make our team choice irrelevant.

Khobar   

It's Atkinson.

I guess that's not so bad - at least it's not that scouser from the Wirral or Foy.