• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Bradford City 4

We took in three goals after useless mikel left the pitch against league 1 opposition. The fact that ramires and Cesc weren't able to hold it together for 19 mins against league 1 bradford at home perhaps suggests that the job isn't as easy as you feel?

We had apparently lost the grip of the game long before he left while not really creating much (as expected) while he was on.

That we shipped the last two goals while chasing a winner is hardly a justification for including Mikel going forward. Slow, ponderous and completely unable to defend or press. I struggle to see what he offers us in the current set-up.

Given your name, I'm sure you disagree.

We had apparently lost the grip of the game long before he left while not really creating much (as expected) while he was on.

Says the man who didn't watch game. The fact is we were up 2-1 with only 19mins left to ride out a win and move on to the next round. Whether we win 2-1 or 5-1 equals the same result: qualification to the next round. You make it seem as there was some goal difference consideration at play. We were winning when mikel left due to injury. At the start of this thread you stated mikel shouldn't have been selected. Well you got your wish for the last 19mins so you must have been thrilled as each of the three goals were rolling past Cech.

I rate Zouma very highly and I think he has a serious future with us but he needs to start timing his leaps better as he jumps waaay too early on many occasions. He's fantastic in the air but he'll be twice as good once he sorts that issue out.

Ugh, just had a flashback to that chance he skied at 3-2 down...

Difficult to argue he should shoulder much blame though

The blame is on José who should've brought on Ake for Mikel (like for like). The result highlights Fabregas weaknesses when deployed deep in midfield alongside a CM as opposed to a holding midfielder. Ramires isn't a holding midfielder. Ake and later Fabregas joining ramires would've given the midfield more balance and protected the defense better I feel.

One point not mentioned here is the reaction of RA. Not known for his patients, and he going to be fuming at the moment. Reckon Jose needs to sort this mess out straight away or there could well be another 'falling out'. Anyone got any views on this?

paulw66   

One point not mentioned here is the reaction of RA. Not known for his patients, and he going to be fuming at the moment. Reckon Jose needs to sort this mess out straight away or there could well be another 'falling out'. Anyone got any views on this?

Not when we're top of the league.

Just of curiosity, was this streamed at all? Or was it not televised worldwide at all? Alongside the Watford game this is the only one I haven't watched this season, if neither was streamed anywhere then I can still say I've watched every game I possibly could this seas on ^_^.

The blame is on José who should've brought on Ake for Mikel (like for like). The result highlights Fabregas weaknesses when deployed deep in midfield alongside a CM as opposed to a holding midfielder. Ramires isn't a holding midfielder. Ake and later Fabregas joining ramires would've given the midfield more balance and protected the defense better I feel.

Interesting point. Correct point. Agree completely.

Ake 100% should've come on, that's a bad mistake.

Harvz   

I go away for one weekend without internet access and you lot let this happen. What the hell?