• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Bradford City 4

Scooba   

I go away for one weekend without internet access and you lot let this happen. What the hell?

Lucky you.

The blame is on José who should've brought on Ake for Mikel (like for like). The result highlights Fabregas weaknesses when deployed deep in midfield alongside a CM as opposed to a holding midfielder. Ramires isn't a holding midfielder. Ake and later Fabregas joining ramires would've given the midfield more balance and protected the defense better I feel.

You really need to get with the program here Mikelblue. If we win its because of ..... if we lose its because of Mikel.

Its amazing that Sleeping Dave and there are many others like him here, currently away, are unable to even acknowledge the possibility that Mikel did hold it together and it was his departure that screwed the team structure. 19 effing minutes and we are blaming it partially on the player who wasn't on the pitch.

These posters don't even see this as plausible that everybody from Mourinho down to (my) Our player of the season Fabregas screwed up, but Mikel being off with an injury left when we were still in some sort of control.

You really need to get with the program here Mikelblue. If we win its because of ..... if we lose its because of Mikel.

Its amazing that Sleeping Dave and there are many others like him here, currently away, are unable to even acknowledge the possibility that Mikel did hold it together and it was his departure that screwed the team structure. 19 effing minutes and we are blaming it partially on the player who wasn't on the pitch.

These posters don't even see this as plausible that everybody from Mourinho down to (my) Our player of the season Fabregas screwed up, but Mikel being off with an injury left when we were still in some sort of control.

Get with the program? Maybe you should try and actually watch what he does when he plays? I've been a stern defender of Mikel for more years than I'd like to remember. But the reality is that in this system he's absolutely useless for us. He posses none of the qualities needed which is why it affects our whole game when he plays.

Can't press, can't defend/tackle and his passing is too slow so we have great difficulty making sure our transitional opportunities comes to anything.

Maybe you should take off your Mikel hat for a minute and judge a player on his performances and not his name? Just an idea.

gtiboy   

Interesting point. Correct point. Agree completely.

Ake 100% should've come on, that's a bad mistake.

I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek would have done a better job for this game

Still, the good thing is , I'm getting no stiock from my co-workers over the result.

And when I say no I mean absolutely tons.

Hopefully in May you'll be able to give it back by the bucketload. Just keep track of who has said what.

I'm finding it quite amusing, people I haven't heard from in years are popping by for a turn.

Got some from a Charlton supporter when they themselves didn't even make it to the fourth round!

Thankfully, the Scousers are keeping their powder dry at the moment.

I've been lucky so far, everybody who's started up to say something (on noticing the CFC badged hat or cap I always wear when out and about) has been greeted with a "Oh, no here we ago, another Bradford City supporter... " from me, but it's turned out they are also Chelsea...

I'm finding it quite amusing, people I haven't heard from in years are popping by for a turn.

Got some from a Charlton supporter when they themselves didn't even make it to the fourth round!

Thankfully, the Scousers are keeping their powder dry at the moment.

I was getting it from a QPR fan on the day which I politely reminded him - no offence to the disabled whatsoever - was like being criticised on your running style by someone in a wheelchair.

Get with the program? Maybe you should try and actually watch what he does when he plays? I've been a stern defender of Mikel for more years than I'd like to remember. But the reality is that in this system he's absolutely useless for us. He posses none of the qualities needed which is why it affects our whole game when he plays.

Can't press, can't defend/tackle and his passing is too slow so we have great difficulty making sure our transitional opportunities comes to anything.

Maybe you should take off your Mikel hat for a minute and judge a player on his performances and not his name? Just an idea.

Obviously a myth. This season we've won with and without him. We've also lost with and without him. We've also conceded 5 at WHL and 3 in 19 mins at SB with mikel off the pitch. So if he's useless, the remaining midfielders can't be too far from uselessness at best given your yardstick. Don't you agree?