• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Bradford City 4

Sciatika   

Only one so far - a West Ham supporter. I simply pointed out that Bradford played well and we were poor and have not heard any more since.

After goading me on Saturday I had an Arsenal mate text me last night after scraping past Brighton. He was full of it. According to him the treble is still on for the gooners!!! I replied he must have been choked he lost to Bradford in the Carling Cup cause they would have been on for the quad! It's all gone quiet.

Khobar   

Oh, my God...WTF xD

Is it real?

For that matter, is it alive?

tradu81   

What can I say, disappointed to lose against a lower league side especially at home. I'm relieved that Mourinho made 9 changes to the side and gave fringe players a game but am concerned at how we can concede 4 goals at home. Fair enough Zouma and Christensen are young but still. Bradford's goals were spectacular. I'm disappointed in Cahill for example, most experienced and did not have the best of games.

What I'm hoping from this match is a reaction now. It was always going to be difficult to win all our games Liverpool, FA Cup, Liverpool and Man City so now beating Liverpool and Man City is achievable.

haifarul   

I hope that JM doesn't go for the one goal lead,retreat and concede a goal then go out on penalties.Lets have an adventurous plan,their 3 center backs are average to say the least.If we would have been given the chance of a home tie ,win and we are in the final everybody would have taken it.LFC team are not Atletico ,so nothing less than a win will do.

What can I say, disappointed to lose against a lower league side especially at home. I'm relieved that Mourinho made 9 changes to the side and gave fringe players a game but am concerned at how we can concede 4 goals at home. Fair enough Zouma and Christensen are young but still. Bradford's goals were spectacular. I'm disappointed in Cahill for example, most experienced and did not have the best of games.

What I'm hoping from this match is a reaction now. It was always going to be difficult to win all our games Liverpool, FA Cup, Liverpool and Man City so now beating Liverpool and Man City is achievable.

Flawed probability theory here I'm afraid. The result against Bradford does not affect at all the probabilities of the results of the upcoming games against Liverpool and City.

Flawed probability theory here I'm afraid. The result against Bradford does not affect at all the probabilities of the results of the upcoming games against Liverpool and City.

I very much doubt he was thinking of probability - as though "we can expect Y losses per season and we've already had X many so...". More that he expects a reaction (psychological/motivational/whatever) which might affect the players' performance in the upcoming games.

You can't talk of probabilities in that way when the matches, or at least those playing in them, aren't independent events.

I very much doubt he was thinking of probability - as though "we can expect Y losses per season and we've already had X many so...". More that he expects a reaction (psychological/motivational/whatever) which might affect the players' performance in the upcoming games.

You can't talk of probabilities in that way when the matches, or at least those playing in them, aren't independent events.

Well I take your point about there being a possible reaction Stokerino and that may well have been Tradu's intention, in which case I concede that I'd misinterpreted his meaning. Nevertheless, I still think that our chances of winning the next 2 fixtures, taking into consideration who we're playing and assessing the strength of that opposition, remain pretty much the same as they were before the Bradford game. Indeed, we might get a reaction, but on the other hand, might it not equally add to the pressure on us to up our game.

^ These are the things that keep me awake at night: half the time I think, "Well, at least we can't lose AGAIN, surely? And/or there'll be a strong desire for a swift comeback." The other half of the time I think, "Jeez, I hope that this result hasn't shattered our confidence and/or empowered the Scousers to think they can repeat what Bradford did."

Ah, the joys of being a football supporter...