• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarefreeMuratcan

League Cup Final allocation is a healthy 31,689.

I managed to get mine this morning at 7am thank goodness. Took literally about 25 windows open across 4 separate browsers to make sure and I think it was about number 21 or 22 which randomly succeeded. Atrocious system.

I'm up in the gods at Wembley which is a shame but it was all that was available. I had a phenomenal seat in the lower tier for the FA Cup Final v Liverpool in 2012 (as a member) but I'm just over-the-moon I'll be at Wembley seeing us in another cup final! :-) last league cup final I was at was 1998 so hoping for a similarly brilliant day!

You got a ticket for the 2012 FA Cup final as a member? I didn't think it made t to members?

There were only upper tier tickets when I got mine on Wednesday, it was just the £40 and £56 tickets, we got £56 so should be nearer the front of upper tier, I'm hoping behind the goal and not down the side. There were a few singles at the £72 bracket.

You got a ticket for the 2012 FA Cup final as a member? I didn't think it made t to members?

There were only upper tier tickets when I got mine on Wednesday, it was just the £40 and £56 tickets, we got £56 so should be nearer the front of upper tier, I'm hoping behind the goal and not down the side. There were a few singles at the £72 bracket.

Yeah 2012 went on sale right at the end to members with high points and I had around 100 points if I remember right (sigh...). I remember reading that one of 2009 or 2010 went to high level members and the other one didn't, or maybe that was 2007. Either way yeah I was able to get a ticket in 2012 for the cup final as a member and it was a phenomenal seat in the pink section of the Wembley seating plan.

http://www.chelseafc.com/content/dam/cfc/article-images-menu/Tickets%20and%20Membership/wembley-seating-coc15.jpg

Cup finals I've been to:

- 1994 FA Cup Final (ugh)

- 1998 League Cup Final

- 2012 FA Cup Final

And now:

- 2015 League Cup Final

So you can see why I'd be so excited about getting this ticket :-)

Oh right, I didn't realise any final tickets had made it to members in recent years. Damn, I didn't even bother to look at any of the selling details for those FA Cup finals as I assumed I had no chance, I would have probably had enough points as well.

I got given a corporate ticket for the 2009 FA cup final against Everton, I was really lucky, I was finishing work on the Friday before at about 5.30 and just happened to bump into one of the managers that knew I was a Chelsea fan, he was literally on the phone when being offered the tickets, his brother in law got them through his company. He said to me, are you going to the final tomorrow, if not do you want a free ticket? Ha ha, errrr yes please!! I couldn't believe my luck, we were right on the half way line about 6 rows back. As great as the seats were though I couldn't help looking over to behind the Chelsea goal and wishing I was in amongst them, there was no atmosphere where I was sat. As much as I was thankful for getting given a ticket, it proves how wrong it is that us real fans struggle to go to finals yet these corporate tickets are dished out for free.

Yeah I've never sat in a corporate seat at any sport I don't think. Must have been a surreal experience to be watching us win a major trophy with the Chelsea noise elsewhere in the stadium and being surrounded by corporates not bothered by what was happening.

cook0891   

I got one for the cup final against Pompey through FA. Surrounded by other sorts and though was great to be there atmosphere was dead. For me its all about having good booze with mates before hand.

Going to a Cup Final (or any big game) without being able to experience the atmosphere sounds awful. At least it's better than being in the opposition section though. I'll never understand people who can stomach that!

Although it must be interesting to see what our atmosphere looks like from the outside (similar to sitting in the East/West at the Bridge I imagine :P Though to be fair East Lower was quite loud against City).

^^^ Ditto - anyone know where I can get an oxygen mask? Up in the Gods again ... ah well ... Green Man beforehand, I presume?