• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Aston Villa at Villa Park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 7th February, 2015.

Ham   

There are ofter 8 goals in this fixture and so, to be fair to this particular Villa side, I'd settle for 7-1.

jones   

Villa away is a fixture I am always nervous about, but certainly this time anything but a win would be a Bradford.

We need to have Fabregas back, and certainly we will see Cuadrado on the bench for this one. Remy or Drogba? Thought Remy was uninfluential, but it was a defensive approach and who knows what his instructions were. He bagged a goal, so perhaps he will start another? I do like Drogba better when coming off the bench, and if we are struggling breaking the deadlock I fancy Drogba as a sub more than Remy.

Zouma will certainly continue in an unchanged back five, so the team will be:

Courtois - Ivan, Zouma, JT, Dave - Matic, Cesc - Willian, Oscar, Hazard - Remy

Cech, Cahill, Ramires, Cuadrado, Drogba + Luis/(Ake) and Mikel/(RLC) if fit again

tradu81   

Lets not take this game lightly, we struggle at Villa Park in the past.

Its out first week to prepare this season for quite a while so lets use it to our advantage.

I'd keep Zouma in, he has been great and it would be unfair to drop him. I'd rest Terry for this match and give Cahill his chance especially with PSG mid week.

I'd take a 1-0 win, any win is 3 points so I'd be happy especially away from home.

Probable Line-up:

.................................................................Courtois

Ivanovic......................................Zouma......................Cahill...................................Azpilicueta

.................................................Ramires\Ake...................Mikel

Willian\Cuadrado....................................Oscar\Cuadrado....................................Hazard

.................................................................Remy\Drogba

Villa are the leagues lowest scorers, not the Premier League's, the entire League.

If we don't win this , Villa park curse aside then we need to have a good hard look at ourselves.

I'm praying we get a referee who doesn't let things go for the sake of a flowing match and that Foy is struck by a meteor before old mother Riley can crayon his name in the box from the sanctuary of his padded cell.

Scooba   

They are on such a bad run it only makes sense for them to get a result against us.

Ffs.

My thoughts exactly. But villa are ****, really ****. And we are pretty good. So I don't see how even we can mess this up, comfortable 3-1 win. Remy with 2 and Oscar the other.