• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 2

Swarbrick ref (thanks SD), not a good one for us.

I'd take a 1-0 win for us right now. As much as I hope we'll go and do a number on them I think it's going to be horribly tight and difficult. We badly need Fabregas fit for this.

Shame Costa isn't there as I genuinely think if he was playing he would absolutely have wrecked them in this game.

Villa need to relegated for the good of the division, we have to do our part to make this happen! 11 goals in 23 games is nothing short of a disgrace.

Faramir   
I'd rest Terry for this match and give Cahill his chance especially with PSG mid week.

I'd take a 1-0 win, any win is 3 points so I'd be happy especially away from home.

We play Everton midweek (Wed. Feb 11) with PSG the following Tuesday (Feb 17).

Faramir   

One more thing.

I cannot imagine Mourinho having anything but contempt for Villa after last years orchestrated shenanigans.

Maybe we'll see the team let off the leash?

I hope you are right.

I would love to see a similar game to Swansea, which can happen if we get an early goal.

However, I agree with Dave's warning regarding no easy games. The team need to set up well with a strong pressing game right from the start.

Faramir   

With so many injury concerns and a fatigued squad, should Mourinho risk this match and perhaps play youth even at the expense of losing 3 points? It could benefit us in the long run.

No!

Faramir   

I'm hoping we get some of our players back and fully recovered from injuries this week.

Fabregas? Luis? Ivanovic? Willian?

I wonder if Azpilicueta is fully recovered from his injury? He was not his usual self against City.

Holymoly   

My thoughts exactly. But villa are ****, really ****. And we are pretty good. So I don't see how even we can mess this up, comfortable 3-1 win. Remy with 2 and Oscar the other.

Anything other than Something - NIL would be hugely embarrassing. Just win. One more match closer to Costa returning for us against PSG and then the conspiracy theorists can start up again.

Sciatika   

Swarbrick has been OK. One of the better refs, imo.

Villa are really struggling but they have some decent players. I know they have trouble sticking it in the back of the net, but get a goal and that can quickly change confidence. We need to be careful. I'd like us to play the A team and go all out in the first half to get the kind of score that allows us to rest some players for the Everton game.