• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Official: Juan Cuadrado Sold To Juventus

Harvz   

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/cuadrado-signs-.html

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina.

The 26-year-old has joined on a four-and-a-half-year contract.

Upon signing, he said: ‘I am very happy and thankful for this opportunity I’ve been given. This is a great club and honestly it is like a dream to join the Chelsea family and to know that the manager believes in me. I’m happy.’

The attacking midfielder arrives at Stamford Bridge after five-and-a-half years in Italy, first with Udinese before switching to Fiorentina in 2012 after a loan spell at Lecce.

Cuadrado plays predominantly behind a striker, but he is also comfortable on either flank. Pacy and agile, he is a purposeful attacking threat with an eye for the spectacular.

The Colombian, who has 37 international caps and five goals, was a key figure in his country’s impressive 2014 World Cup campaign. He scored in a group-stage victory against Japan before ending the tournament at the quarter-final stage with four assists, a record equalled only by World Cup winner Toni Kroos.

Harvz   

Excited about this. Thought he was sensational at the World Cup. Jose will bring out the best in him. And, he's a runner. Willian and Ramires have some competition.

Scooba   

Happy with the signing, hope he does well enough to displace Willian from our "first 11".

I don't, but only because I love Willian.

Hazard - Willian - Cuadrado

Or a combination of that might be interesting. Looking forward to seeing him play, an exciting player.

Harvz   

Strangely enough, I reckon its Oscar that's under the most threat from this signing. But hopefully it won't be about who beats who to a position, and more about genuine and effective rotation.

It will be nice to have someone fleet of foot who is capable of going outside his defender.

Personally I believe Oscar will be the one to miss out now.

kratos   

Here's hoping he will be successful, I have been going nuts regarding the lack of proper width in games. I hope he will be the man to solve that role.

Plus Brana has somebody to protect him when we are defending.

Welcome to Chelsea Juan.