• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Official: Juan Cuadrado Sold To Juventus

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really? Oscar and Ramires sole for £85m combined. Luiz sold for 50m then bought back for 30m. Courtois bought for 7m, Azpilicueta bought for 7m, Kante for 32m (ridiculous fee in current market)........despair because we have broken even on one player? Get a grip

But its not one player. For me its the many players we have on loan, we bought them, (maybe) looked briefly at them then farmed them out, most never come back and are just forgotten about somewhere. There will always be exception but in general we play patsy to big clubs. Oscar and Ramires are exceptions because China spends stupid money. Luiz has been great but was a risk.

I am here in Italy, but dont need to be to understand Juve are rich and maybe its more common than I think but its a small fee at the end of the day they have more than enough money

8 hours ago, exiledblue said:

But its not one player. For me its the many players we have on loan, we bought them, (maybe) looked briefly at them then farmed them out, most never come back and are just forgotten about somewhere. There will always be exception but in general we play patsy to big clubs. Oscar and Ramires are exceptions because China spends stupid money. Luiz has been great but was a risk.

I think we have had so much success buying young players for large sums with  50+ games in a fairly decent league, and so much failure buying much cheaper young players with little or first team experience that we really should treat them as separate development pipelines. 

On 5/23/2017 at 5:41 AM, exiledblue said:

Paid 20m sold him today to Juve for 17m.

Plus, of course, the loan fees that James and Zaffo pointed out.  So, not too shabby at the end of the day for a player who we probably shouldn't have bought in the first (not his fault, though).  Goodbye Juan.......whoever you were....................:).