• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Official: Juan Cuadrado Sold To Juventus

GURJ SS   

Great signing! A massive upgrade on Shurrle, Cuadrado has already got the development stage out of his career, he is coming to the peak stage of his career and has bags of skill. Great bit of business.

I'm pretty sure what you've quoted there is referring to the individual competitions, meaning he wouldn't have been allowed to play in the Europa League with a different club. He will be able to play in the CL for us.

Hope so, will also mean Salah can play against Spurs in the Europa!

I'm pretty sure what you've quoted there is referring to the individual competitions, meaning he wouldn't have been allowed to play in the Europa League with a different club. He will be able to play in the CL for us.

I don't think so, they're referring to "UEFA competitions", which makes me believe they don't distinguish the CL from EL. why else would they name the Super Cup as an exception, a cup that only has one game?

But we'll see.

Scooba   

I don't think so, they're referring to "UEFA competitions", which makes me believe they don't distinguish the CL from EL. why else would they name the Super Cup as an exception, a cup that only has one game?

But we'll see.

I think you're right. Would be good to get confirmation.

Might seem a bit pessimistic, but I'm not expecting waves from Cuadrado. Which is sad, because I think our attack definitely needs work.

Not a huge fan of Willian's. To me, he seems to take a few touches too many before releasing the ball. I'd be surprised if Cuadrado replaces him in the lineup though. I've watched a bit of Cuadrado and I've honestly not seen what the fuss is about. Sure, he's quick and more traditional as a winger. I'm just not certain that's necessarily what Mourinho looks for in his attacking players.

Anyway, maybe we'll see:

---Cuadrado---Willian---Hazard

at some point. Plenty of pace to burn in that front line. Would more than trouble a few teams.

xCELERYx   

Might seem a bit pessimistic, but I'm not expecting waves from Cuadrado. Which is sad, because I think our attack definitely needs work.

Not a huge fan of Willian's. To me, he seems to take a few touches too many before releasing the ball. I'd be surprised if Cuadrado replaces him in the lineup though. I've watched a bit of Cuadrado and I've honestly not seen what the fuss is about. Sure, he's quick and more traditional as a winger. I'm just not certain that's necessarily what Mourinho looks for in his attacking players.

Anyway, maybe we'll see:

---Cuadrado---Willian---Hazard

at some point. Plenty of pace to burn in that front line. Would more than trouble a few teams.

I feel he'll make a considerable difference. His pace is going to be key and it gives us another outlet going forward besides Hazard, particularly on the counter.

Willian always finds himself in deeper positions because of his defensive work and tracking back, so to have Cuadrado also out wide (assuming Oscar will be the one to make way) will hopefully catch teams out and keep them honest in defence, while also offers a bit more of a goal threat too.

Willian doesn't do that already?

Cuadrado has completed more dribbles in Serie A since 11/12 season than any other player and is beaten only be Hazard in PL. Finally having someone lethal on the right will do us wonders I reckon, teams won't be able to put 2 or 3 on Hazard and risk leaving Willian and Cuadrado open. Hoping he takes our team to the next level.

Yeh, I'm very hopeful about Cuadrado too. We've needed width in our approach play in many games this season and, as you say, with Eden on the left and now Juan on the right, both of them very good on the ball and dangerous in their own right, we could really solve a problem for us and change the way that opponents are going to be able to play against us.

Just got to see how JM deploys the new capability and see how it goes. I hope I'm not being too optimistic here, but we've a right to be excited about what may come don't you think?