Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ripz

Club Wembley advert making forum unusable

14 posts in this topic

Calm down.

We've no more control over the adverts than you do. Most people just use an adblocker these days though.

'Umbly beggin' your pardon, but I thought it was some form of sponsorship you received from the FA? How else does it get there?

'Umbly beggin' your pardon, but I thought it was some form of sponsorship you received from the FA? How else does it get there?

And what would that have to do with the moderators? Nothing, since they don't own CFCnet, and don't have anything to do with the advertising carried on the site/forums. The moderators (the less-than-a-handful that exist) are volunteers who keep this place ticking-over for the most part, and strangely enough, they are not on-call 24/7, to react instantly to any potential issues (see: your earlier 'are you awake' post).

The advertising that is carried on these forums helps pay for the forums to exist - without it, and some very appreciated donations from members, no CFCnet. Simple. Most of the advertising content causes no issues, and isn't particularly intrusive. Occasionally, one does cause a problem, and usually it/they are removed in due course. If you have a problem with that, then you can PM the owner (Peter Sampson), and voice your concerns.

No problem at all, I simply misunderstood your relationship with CFCnet - I'd wrongly assumed you were employees or similar.

Apologies if I upset you: I've removed the offending post as a token of goodwill. You guys do a good job, for which many thanks.