• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Paris Saint-Germain 1 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   

Comes to something when you look forward to playing a game under the auspices of UEFA rather than FA. I'd argue Chelsea FC aren't hated to quite the same extreme degree in Europe... and that's saying something sadly.

Holymoly   

We have 5-6 days to prepare for this match as we don't have a game on the weekend. PSG have a game against Caen and will have less time to recover.

I notice Spuds have a Europa League game the Thursday before the LC Final while we have a free week, although I daresay that the FA will do something about that nearer the time.

I've watched PSG a few times this season and haven't been impressed. I just hope we don't go there looking for a 0-0, asks for trouble and puts too much pressure on the home leg.

Faramir   

Can't believe this is our next game. The CL hiatus flew by this season!

Everton Wednesday. Rest and preparation for PSG is five full days between games leading in to Tuesday evening.

I'm hoping for a Mourinho masterclass of solid defensive wall, strong pressing game and devastating counter attacks.

C'mon you Blues!

Faramir   

I notice Spuds have a Europa League game the Thursday before the LC Final while we have a free week, although I daresay that the FA will do something about that nearer the time.

Hey... I like that.

I think our 3-5 loss will make sure we have absolutely no complacency in the final. Add to that seven full days between games and we should be well rested, prepared and motivated for this Wembley final.

Edit > Upcoming schedule of games:

Tuesday February 17: PSG (A) CL (5 days rest leading up to game)

Saturday February 21: Burnley (H) PL (3 days rest leading up to game)

Sunday March 1: Tottenham (Wembley) LCF (7 days rest leading up to game)

Wednesday March 4: West Ham (H) PL (2 days rest leading up to game)

Wednesday March 11. PSG (H) CL (6 days rest leading up to game)

One away game. One neutral venue in London, and three home games. Two Premier League home games in a row.

I can't remember us having the luxury of so much rest/preparation time leading in to crucial Champions League games.

Faramir   

There is nothing they can do. UEFA have the Thursday date set in stone. I think Pochettino is going to take the Europa League seriously. How many players will he rest for the final?

We have 5-6 days to prepare for this match as we don't have a game on the weekend. PSG have a game against Caen and will have less time to recover. Don't think it makes to much difference considering the quality of Ligue 1, PSG can probably rest their whole squad and win.

Not just less time- virtually no time. They kick off at 4pm on Sunday. No idea how much sway TV has for French football, but I'd be livid if I was a PSG fan. I have a vague recollection (possibly wrong) that they're away to Caen too. And with the title race there the way it is, PSG can't afford to take many risks either. Another defeat and both Marseille and Lyon can pull clear. We have a very significant advantage going into this game and I will be disappointed if we do not press it.

Scooba   

Hey... I like that.

I think our 3-5 loss will make sure we have absolutely no complacency in the final. Add to that seven full days between games and we should be well rested, prepared and motivated for this Wembley final.

Edit > Upcoming schedule of games:

Tuesday February 17: PSG (A) CL (5 days rest leading up to game)

Saturday February 21: Burnley (H) PL (3 days rest leading up to game)

Sunday March 1: Tottenham (Wembley) LCF (7 days rest leading up to game)

Wednesday March 4: West Ham (H) PL (2 days rest leading up to game)

Wednesday March 11. PSG (H) CL (6 days rest leading up to game)

One away game. One neutral venue in London, and three home games. Two Premier League home games in a row.

I can't remember us having the luxury of so much rest/preparation time leading in to crucial Champions League games.

We play west ham away.