• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge, before, during, and after the match.

Moderators and our legal people will keep an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note this un-moderated part of the forum is a privilege and its abuse may possibly result in the suspension of your account. Strictly no abuse towards fellow members.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 Saturday, 21st February 2015.

Scooba   

Costa to get a few goals would be nice. Feels like it's a while since he's added to his league tally of 17.

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

That would be my preferred team.

ripz   

I think we have to seriously look at the fatigue/injury problem for this game. Matic said they were tired after the Everton game and Jose's comments about 5 guys not training since Everton was certainly worrying for the rest of the season.

We now have 12 days between PSG and the LC final against Tottenham, only this home game against Burnley in between, and I think we need to seriously look at the squad in terms of the overall picture for the rest of the season. Players with niggles or fatigue should really be rested for this game and use the 12 days to pamper them and recharge them for the final games.

Jose will never do it but I would think about playing Remy and Drogba up front together, Hazard seems fine and I'd start Cuadrado on the right. If Costa is fully fit and raring to go after suspension then I would go Remy and Costa, quite bizarre really that Jose has never tried them together once. The rest of the team would pick itself based on fitness and injuries, none of us really know who is the worst affected.

Hazard - Remy - Costa - Cuadrado surely is good enough to start with. Oscar/Willian/Fabregas are the ones that seem most fatigued/injured.

Whilst a scrappy win is acceptable (particularly bearing in mind how badly Man City botched this fixture) I think it's important we put a serious beating on Burnley in this game to fire everyone up.

This is one to unleash everyone and get the job wrapped up by half time rather than pick away at them and gradually get the job done.

http://m.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/article.180215-manchester-city-have-scored-the-most-late-goals-in-the-bpl.html

Interesting look at timings of goals scored and conceded by all teams in the league this season.

paulw66   

Costa to get a few goals would be nice. Feels like it's a while since he's added to his league tally of 17.

Courtois

Ivan Cahill Terry Luis

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

That would be my preferred team.

Would play Zouma for sure and Cuadrado over Willian

My team would be:

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Fabregas, Matic; Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard; Costa

It would be nice to be able to rest Fabregas, Matic and Willian but we don't have the depth to do so. I suppose Remy could play out left with Hazard through the middle. But that's it.

Neither Rami nor Mikel make any sort of sense in a game like this so we don't have much other options.

Would play Zouma for sure and Cuadrado over Willian

Agreed, I think Zouma should start at Wembley so getting a game in before then is important. Sorry to be harsh to Cahill, but his positioning yesterday for the conceded goal was not of our standard and doesn't help that it adds to his recent poor form.

tradu81   

Back to the EPL, this should be a good game for us. Need some happy days here and hope we get 3 points and a good performance.

I'd like to see Zouma start, Mourinho should prepare him to be Terry's partner for this season ahead of Cahill. Only think Cahill may have over Zouma is the experience and obviously perhaps consistency. Zouma has been consistent but he has not played all that many games, so time will tell how consistent he can be. He is young.

Oscar and Cuadrado should get a start here. Perhaps even Mikel if fit. I'd like to see Ake feature more as well. Hazard I'd like to have a rest. I don't want him getting an injury now because of fatigue.

My line-up:

..........................................................Courtois

Ivanovic...............................Zouma....................Terry...............................Luis\Azpi

.............................................Fabregas\Ake...............Matic\Mikel

Cuadrado...........................................Oscar.............................................Remy

...........................................................Costa