• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

Some changes for this one. We have to use the squad now to rest some battered bodies (Ivanovic, Willian), give squad players some minutes (Zouma, Luis, Cuadrado), and allow some others back up to speed (Costa, Fabregas). We mustn't underestimate Burnley either. Much like us, they tend to stick with a consistent first XI, work hard, stay compact, and break with directness and pace. It won't be easy to break them down, and hopefully the likes of Cesc and Costa show exactly why we bought them. These are the games in which they're needed most.

I'd go with:

Cech; Azpi, Zouma, JT, Luis; Cesc, Matic; Cuadrado, Oscar, Hazard; Costa

Subs: Courtois, Cahill, Ake, Ramires, Willian, Remy, Drogba

So, a return for Cech as a reward for his last league performance, and a complete rest for Ivanovic to heal that bloodied foot. Ideally I'd like to rest Hazard and Matic too, but the games are just too important now. Important to show some form at home now and really start swatting teams aside. The run in is upon us, it's time to build up a head of steam.

As an aside, there's four players who have started 97% of our PL and CL games.

Ivanovic, Terry, Matic and Hazard.

bluereed   

Drop "Calamity Cahill" and bring in Zouma.. Cahill was at fault for the PSG goal and was the weak link in defense. WE could have lost by a greater margin if it wasn't for Courtois and some near misses from PSG. We need to shoot more outside and inside the box. All this tapping about for half an hour and getting nowhere is getting on my tits. Shoot and score. WE havn;t looked too impressive for a while now and we have been grinding out results.That freeflowing, goal scoring at the start of the season is a distant memory.Costa is off the boil and he needs to get his form back.WE must ensure all 3 points on Saturday to keep our 7 point margin. Let's hope we get back to winning ways. COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

Scooba   

As an aside, there's four players who have started 97% of our PL and CL games.

Ivanovic, Terry, Matic and Hazard.

Pretty much what you would expect from every top player.

Scooba   

In 7 home games against teams in the bottom of half of the table at the minute, we have won all 7, conceding 1 and scoring 14.

2-0 scoreline likely? Hoping it will be a bit more flattering than that.

Sea foot   

Can we stop with the calamity Cahill bullsh1t. He hasn't been as bad as has been portrayed by some of you. If anything, I thought it was Terry's mistake for the Cavanni goal. He was in his line of sight and left him to target Ibrahimovic who was behind Azpilicueta. Not blaming Terry or sticking up for Cahill.

For what it is worth, I would rather Zouma over Gary anyway.

tradu81   

Cahill has one good game and one bad game here and there. He did not have a really bad game against PSG but both Terry and Cahill couldn't handle Cavani and Ibra. The fault for the goal we conceded in Paris was first Ramires for being to sow to close down the cross, very lazyish, then it was Cahill and Terry who left to much space in between themselves. Either one could be blamed for that one. Ramires should have put better pressure on the cross though.

DannyLB   

Can we stop with the calamity Cahill bullsh1t. He hasn't been as bad as has been portrayed by some of you. If anything, I thought it was Terry's mistake for the Cavanni goal. He was in his line of sight and left him to target Ibrahimovic who was behind Azpilicueta. Not blaming Terry or sticking up for Cahill.

For what it is worth, I would rather Zouma over Gary anyway.

Maybe Terry was busy with the other striker PSG had on the pitch, think his name is Ibrahimovic or something.

Sea foot   

Maybe Terry was busy with the other striker PSG had on the pitch, think his name is Ibrahimovic or something.

Yes but Azpilicueta was marking him. But as I said, I'm not blaming Terry, just saying he was more able to close the gap to Cavani than Cahill.

I was just getting peed off with the term Calamity Cahill. Disrespectful to one of ours is all.