• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

Scooba   

Surprised no one had mentioned it until now ^^^.

If we win we open up a 10 (TEN) point gap on city. The pressure will be on them big time and with their home form not being great and Newcastle set up to play on the counter, could we see another slip from them?

If only. It's getting ridiculous, the fouling on Eden. Lucky he's a tough little bastard. God I love that guy.

Gone are the days when Speedie or Doug the Thug would take out a player who had a go at Nevin.

As for today, a convincing win would be nice.

Gone are the days when Speedie or Doug the Thug would take out a player who had a go at Nevin.

As for today, a convincing win would be nice.

Yeah - Speedie wasn't much bigger than Nevin either.

I still remember a game where Kerry Dixon in his prime was being bashed about the park and a young Chelsea new boy called Gordon Durie, no more than about 21, swapped positions and Kerry went out to the wing.

Durie bashed the CB for 15 minutes after which Kerry could return to CF safely.

Chopper was another throughout his career, but especially in that very young Ray Wilkins lead team of the late 70s.

I'd expect the following team:

Courtois

Bane Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Cuadrado Oscar Hazard

Costa

Subs

Cech

Cahill

Dave

Cesc

Ake

Remy

Drogba

I fully expect to see Zouma and Ramires start this game as 1) Zouma has plays well and seems to be picking up home league games and 2) Ramires is the freshest of all our CM. Other than that I'm hoping for Luis to start to give him some game time while I think Dave has been struggling physically recently. As for Hazard he could obviously do with a rest but we cannot afford to give him one, especially with Cesc being so 50/50.

bluereed   

We should win this but Burnley are desperate for points so it could end up being a hard slog. We need to bring flair back into our play. These grinding out results is getting a little tedious. Go out there and destroy Burnley today. I hope Costa returns to form and I'd have Zouma at the back. Here's hoping....fingers crossed.....COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

Faramir   

I'd expect the following team:

Courtois

Bane Zouma Terry Luis

Matic Ramires

Cuadrado Oscar Hazard

Costa

Subs

Cech

Cahill

Dave

Cesc

Ake

Remy

Drogba

I fully expect to see Zouma and Ramires start this game as 1) Zouma has plays well and seems to be picking up home league games and 2) Ramires is the freshest of all our CM. Other than that I'm hoping for Luis to start to give him some game time while I think Dave has been struggling physically recently. As for Hazard he could obviously do with a rest but we cannot afford to give him one, especially with Cesc being so 50/50.

Fabregas and Costa will both start. They need the game for match fitness.

Faramir   

I would like to see this team:

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Bench: Cech Cahill Ramires Cuadrado Remy Drogba Azpilicueta

Faramir   

Fabregas and Costa will both start. They need the game for match fitness.

And we need them to get back in to form.