• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

If by some miracle we did pull off the PL title I'd take the trophy and throw corrupt piece of shite in the nearest skip or maybe put it on ebay for a Buy It Now price.

No you wouldn't.

Sciatika   

Reducing the ban by a game actually proves how arbitrary the disciplinary system has become. I am left wondering what rule they are applying to make that decision.Why two and not one or three?

With any system of rules, what you most need is the ability to predict the outcome of your actions. That requires rules that are simple and unambiguous, so that people know prior to the event what is outside the rules. You need well understood punishments that are in proportion to the action. That way you know know what an infraction costs. It has to be proportional so people feel its fair. You need the rules to be applied with absolutely consistency and without fear or favour. And you need the application of the rules to be open and transparent so that everyone can monitor the process.

However, none of the stakeholders (apart from clubs, players and fans) want any of those things because they want a system based on opinion and debate. it allows them to better sell their product. Football increasingly feels like something from a Kafka novel.

No you wouldn't.

Well they wouldn't actually give it to me so my point is hypothetical. But my point is hat it has been tainted.. I won't recognize it whoever wins it. I will just be happy to know that my club is he best in the land. Let's hire someone to make a trophy, a real beauty. We can call it The Real Premier League and give it each year to the team we feel most deserves it.

Only tainted if city win it. Will be our greatest achievement ever to win this league.

Quite. It would be like Figo winning over Blatter.