• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Paris Saint-Germain 2 (AET)

bluereed   

Definitely no Cahill for this match. In the first leg he was all over the shop. We could have lost that 5-1 and how we got away with 1-1 I'll never know. Matic back in midfield. 4-3-3 I reckon. Matic Ramires Fabregas. Zouma at the back. Willian, Costa, Hazard. Tough match and we need to play far better than we have been..Another big night in Eurpoe. Hope we nick this one.

cam4blue   

Definitely no Cahill for this match. In the first leg he was all over the shop.

I've been a critic of Cahill this season (and would definitely be in favour of Zouma getting a run alongside JT at CB), but he would be very unlucky to lose his place in the team after his performances in the last two games.

I think he will play in this one.

The biggest problem in the first leg was how we were brutally dominated in the air, still waiting to see a stat which shows we won a single defensive header in the entire game as I do not recall any at all, genuinely. Ivanovic, Cahill and even Terry got aerially handled in Paris so it's imperative we rectify that in the second leg, so maybe Zouma is the answer there?

paulw66   

Nothing to do with the FA - premier league fix matchdays. Other key influencers are TV and police.

In fact, friday evening PL games are coming as part of the new TV deal.

Yes, but they aren't coming with a view t help CL teams, they are just coming as a general way of getting good tv audiences.

I bet you any money there will be weekends when a (or many) team(s) have a midweek CL game and the Friday game consists of two teams not in the competition.

Whether it is the FA or the Premier League (who must work together on many things) someone should do something.

crux   

I don't understand the talk about playing on Fridays - PSG is playing Lens on Saturday, March 7th.

Khobar   

I fear this is going to be tough, don't really understand why people feel that PSG are particularly sub-standard. They have players who can hurt us.

The biggest problem in the first leg was how we were brutally dominated in the air, still waiting to see a stat which shows we won a single defensive header in the entire game as I do not recall any at all, genuinely. Ivanovic, Cahill and even Terry got aerially handled in Paris so it's imperative we rectify that in the second leg, so maybe Zouma is the answer there?

Good obersvation. Looking up the stats you are right, we lost a whopping 71% of our aerial duels. That is crazy for at team that has as much size as us! Most of the duels happened in midfield with only two in our own box.

Of course. Would there be any other tactic?

I just want us to get the job done in this game. We have an advantage that needs protecting. I don't care what it looks like - keep them out and we are through. Weird thing is, I do sometimes think the 'high press' is more effective defensively than the 'low block', but I'm probably just basing that on the none-too-reliable statistic of heart-rate. Would be interesting to see some figures.