• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Paris Saint-Germain 2 (AET)

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

I take it you are referring to stats like the above, which suggests we have just 1 injured player, Arsenal have 7 and Newcastle 10.

It is of course a nonsense - there isn't a single Chelsea midfield or AM other than Hazard and perhaps Cuadrado who appears fully fit. But Mikel is the only one on that list.

No, you misunderstood, I'm agreeing with you, they have loads of options we have few and the ones we have are properly injured or carrying minor injuries.

No, you misunderstood, I'm agreeing with you, they have loads of options we have few and the ones we have are properly injured or carrying minor injuries.

Sorry - when people say "oh yes" my sarcasm detectors light up :)

But I do think it is interesting how the Physioroom always has long lists of injured for every other club, yet our players are almost never reported as injured.

I blame Mourinho and the players for this pathetic result. How can you play so cautiously and without fight or life for that matter especially at home and against 10 Men for 90 minutes which includes extra time. PSG had heart which is why they progressed. Sometimes I feel we need to lose the first leg for us to come out and play. Quite simply, if you can't win at home against 10 men then you are not good enough. PSG were the better side in both legs. Chelsea are simply overrated at this stage. I thought we have progressed since last season but apart from EPL we haven't been much different. We are lucky Man City are having a bad season else we wouldn't be first there either. Quite frankly, we have been poor since boxing day. Scrapping wins.

Yep, agree with this I'm afraid.

tradu81   

I also believe that Mourinho's main priority this season is to win the EPL. I'm not sure if this rubbed off on the players as well. I didn't particularly like Mourinho's response post match.

"It's not time to cry or time to laugh, it's time to analyse the situation - if we win the Premier League and the Capital One Cup, it's still a fantastic season," he said.
"I'm disappointed but I try to be pragmatic. When the opponent is better than us, the first step is to be honest and say we didn't deserve to go through. We need to react - we have a Premier League to win and I've told that to the players."

Where I can understand why he commented this way I would have liked to see some anger, passion for the loss. How can you say an opponent is better than you, they had 10 men. Mourinho should have had a dig at his players, they don't deserve to be protected after this loss. That would have made me happier. Instead they are going to carry the same lack of fight or energy for the season ahead.

How can you say an opponent is better than you, they had 10 men.

Easy. They were better than us with 10 men. Denying that would be silly. In Paris, they were better than us 11-on-11. The point is: they were better than us.

Where I can understand why he commented this way I would have liked to see some anger, passion for the loss. How can you say an opponent is better than you, they had 10 men. Mourinho should have had a dig at his players, they don't deserve to be protected after this loss. That would have made me happier. Instead they are going to carry the same lack of fight or energy for the season ahead.

Deserve doesn't enter into the equation.

He is out for the best possible performances over the remainder of the league program.

Sea foot   

Why do people assume what Jose says to the press is the same as he tells his players?

Why do people assume what Jose says to the press is the same as he tells his players?

We shouldn't - but as to the why.

I guess we all for a moment think we are in the dressing room with the players, or at least with the subs on the bench, having lived the game with them. So when Jose speaks, Jose speaks directly to me and JT.