• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Southampton 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at Stamford Bridge, before, during, and after the match.

Moderators and our legal people will keep an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note this un-moderated part of the forum is a privilege and its abuse may possibly result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30 Sunday,15th March 2015.

paulw66   

Need a win. Don't care how or why or by how many.

Would be tempted to start Remy......that guy must wonder why he joined.

Would play Luis too..........£19m for a reserve left back.

Can Bertrand play, now that his loan has been made into a transfer?

Hmmm, early kick off.

Not looking forward to this one.

Weekend games alone now will mesh nicely with my work schedule. Basically left a meeting early yesterday to catch the game in a public food court nearby. I guess not having to do that sort of stuff until next year will be one of the positives to consider.

We simply have to ditch the dreaded 4-2-3-1, a system designed to shoehorn three players into the side when two of them are either underperforming or not all that to begin with.

Costa needs to do his work in and around the penalty area and not the wings where, like Torres before him, he is spending most of his time.

I cannot imagine Jose dropping Ivanovic but Southampton have two flying wing backs and I fear Ivanovic will be exposed to the counter.

Hope we can show the world how good we can be but I'm not expecting anything different to the desperate stuff we've been seeing since before Xmas.

Matic apparently injured himself celebrating the Capital One cup and limped off last night so goodness knows who we'll call upon?

Absolute must-win. Start Remy and start Cuadrado, we need some freshness out there for this one as Southampton will run and run.

Any win will of course do but a real confidence-boosting performance would be fantastic here too.

xCELERYx   

--------------- Remy

Hazard --------------------- Cuadrado

-------- Matic ------ Willian

--------------- Cesc

Ivanovic - Terry - Zouma - Luis

------------ Courtois

If Cuadrado isn't going to start then Willian out wide and either RLC/Ake next to Matic, who I'll assume will be fit.

I expect a win, but wouldn't be surprised if we drop points if we play with such a negative mindset.

Koeman was at the game yesterday. Got a pic with him lol. He was hanging about where the East Lower meets the MHL, waiting to go on the pitchside for Dutch TV or w/e.

Absolute must-win. Start Remy and start Cuadrado, we need some freshness out there for this one as Southampton will run and run.

Many of us have bemoaned a lack of freshness in the starting teams, but I'm starting to wonder if players who haven't featured much for us are really all that 'fresh'. Perhaps they aren't being picked precisely because they have other things going on? With Remy that's just speculation, but Cuadrado has come off the back of a World Cup and been first choice for a team in the Europa League; he may not have played much for us but he's had a full enough season to not necessarily have much more in the tank than those who have been here since August.

Can't see many goals in this. Southampton have struggled up front recently but have a fantastic defence. Narrow win or bore draw.