• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Hull City 2 Chelsea 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Hull City at The KC Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 22nd March, 2015.

There are no excuses in this one unless the referee turns it into a festival. I don't think it will be (the QPR game will be a festival I can almost guarantee...) so we really should be going out to batter this lot.

If we play like we did in the second half v Southampton, we will.

The QPR game is the one for me, they're bound to appoint Foy for it too.

Scooba   

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Willian Hazard

Remy Costa

I would love to see this team start. It just looks so much more balanced to me. Remy and Costa can play off each other and occupy all 4 of their defenders, giving Hazard and Willian more space to play in. Both full backs can get forward and offer genuine threat (unlike Azpi who will cut inside and play it off his right foot every time). Whilst Fabregas and Matic have more options ahead of them, they can go long to the 2 strikers or bring it forward and play it wide to Hazard/Willian, we won't need to watch lethargic sideways passsing all game with no penetration or threat. And in Zouma we have pace at the back.

Courtois

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Luis

Fabregas Matic

Willian Hazard

Remy Costa

I really like the look of this team. Like others have said, I hope we win this comfortably. I would like a bit of rotation, especially for players not performing up to par. Perhaps Cuadrado in for Willian? He didn't play very well yesterday but think he could do well with a full game. Something must be done to give some of these players a bit of confidence and time to settle in. I'm tired of seeing players like De Bruyne, Shurrle, Lukaku, and Salah move on to other clubs and prove us wrong.

Can't really replace Fabregas with Ramires. Even though it's an away match, surely Hull will sit in and defend for the lives from the first whistle? We could use a good shift from Fabregas to help break down their defenses.

That would be my only change to the above formation: Cuadrado instead of Willian. Really like the look of the two strikers. I'd like to see what Costa can do with another striker to help occupy Hull's center backs.

4-0 win. Costa x2, Remy, and Hazard to score. 2 assists from Fabregas.

A more convincing first half with two goals and no poor officiating followed by a controlling second half with one additional goal would suit me down to the ground. I would like all of the players to practice shooting before the game and have at least one go each during the game. I would like Fabregas to practice passing prior to the game and finally I would like the defence to realise that if Courtois pulls off a great save that isn't a cue to switch off for a few minutes.

Checked Hull's recent results and they are W3 D1 L1 from their last five home games. I was not expecting them to have been that decent.

Though this should be qualified by the fact that two of those wins were against QPR and Aston Villa.

Scooba   

Hull will also be missing Huddlestone through suspension which is a big loss for them. All of their possesion game is based round him and he has a great range of passing which could have potentially hurt us. The midfield battle won't be nearly as important now and I really think it will come down to our attack vs their defence, which is why I'm hoping (but not expecting) Jose will play 2 up top.