• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kezza

Taboola ads

Kezza   

Noticed there's a whole stream of taboola ads now on the top of the pages. Is it just me or is this on the site permanently. These ads are annoying and really of low taste.

As I've said on previous occasions: 1) The owner decides what advertising is run on the site, and 2) the advertising pays for the site & forums - without that income, no CFCnet. It's as simple as that. If you have a complaint, PM the owner.

Sea foot   

I'm with Kezza on this one. They make the screen jump up and down for a few seconds and means I keep clicking on the wrong thread or ad as it jumps.

I understand what you say Michael and ads help keep this site ticking over but the way it interupts the flow of the site is very annoying.

^^^I find them annoying at times as well. However, facts are facts, and I find myself repeating the same thing every time disruptive/offensive/stupid/contentious ads appear. I've passed on the complaints at different times to the owner, and I'm sure that he occasionally reads this thread, but I'm not sure that he can be selective about which ads appear under any contract he signs up to. If every member donated a small amount each month/quarter (whatever), or PS was independently wealthy, the advertising could probably be punted completely, but that simply isn't going to happen (and before anyone reads 'criticism' of the members into that comment, there isn't any intended - it's just another fact).

The reality is that opening threads here about the advertising content is pointless other than for the satisfaction gained in having a moan - which is why I suggest that if it's really a big issue, then members should PM Peter Sampson about it because he's the only one here who can do anything about the 'problem'. Personally, while I find some of the ads irritating, they don't spoil my enjoyment of the forums. But that's just me.

Kezza   

Thanks Michael for the clarifications. I have no problems with ads and know it is essential for any form of revenue. But as it is Taboola is tasteless. I hate seeing Annabelle doll, Cameron Diaz with acne and crocodile eating monkey pictures on the top of the pages everytime I browse the forum.

Harvz   

If every member donated a small amount each month/quarter

Speaking of, where's my 'Donator' tag gone?

Thanks Michael for the clarifications. I have no problems with ads and know it is essential for any form of revenue. But as it is Taboola is tasteless. I hate seeing Annabelle doll, Cameron Diaz with acne and crocodile eating monkey pictures on the top of the pages everytime I browse the forum.

No problems, Kezza. And I totally agree with the 'tasteless' comment.

Kezza   

Great job. The disgusting ads have been moved to below the pages. Cheers guys. Good solution.

Sea foot   

Not on my computer it ain't. It's getting to the point where I'm choosing not to come on the site so often. Takes twice as long to go through the various threads with all that loading and jumping up and down. Keep going to click on a subject and it's jumped back down and I've opened one of the annoying "acne" sites.