• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

QPR 0 Chelsea 1

----------Cech-----

Branna--Cahill--Terry--Dave

-------Cesc---Matic

Willian----Oscar----Hazard

---------Remy

Hopefully QPR will come out to try and win rather than not get beat.

Hopefully the refs and sky have given up on the title "race" by now.

The ref will be the key performer for this one.

A Foy-esque performance from the man in black and anything can happen.

Not sure how many decent refs there are about but there can't be more than 2-3 max.

The referee is confirmed as being Andre Marriner.

This season he has only reffed one other Chelsea league match (our 1-0 away win at West Ham).

Ham   

The referee is confirmed as being Andre Marriner.

This season he has only reffed one other Chelsea league match (our 1-0 away win at West Ham).

So what you're saying is that he owes us a bad performance?

This normally being the only game QPR turn up for, combined with the fact that they are battling to stay up, makes this a tough one. However, I think it being away suits us a bit more in a strange way, should allow us more space.

I think it'd be a safe move starting Oscar but his recent form hardly warrants a place in the side.

I'd be be bold and start Cuadrado, Willian and Hazard behind Remy. All interchanging.

I'd echo the statement about them being especially motivated for this game in particular.

Not only the players but their scumbag support as well. Given the proximity of their fans to the pitch itself on all 4 sides now, they've also moved the away fans section to the upper tier only now, they have the pitch surrounded. To me it has an effect, maybe only very small, but this can be the small percentage that's required at the top level. The pitch is also one of the smallest in the PL.

They seem to have discovered how to score again, at just the wrong time for us.

Undoubtedly we're the better side with better players, however there are a number of factors that seem to point towards a really difficult game for us. I'd absolutely love it if we gave them a solid beating, a nice calm 3-0 for us would do me (and my heart rate) fine.

As for the team, no major changes required that I could see other than I'd put Luis in for Ivanovic, switching 'Dave' across to right back. A few reasons for that, Ivanovic isn't in the best of form (my opinion only), he was concerned about his hamstring at about 70 odd minutes or so of the Stoke game and also Luis offers the left side good interactive attacking play. They've been playing Clint Hill as a full back recently and he's pedestrian, a centre-half standing in at full back - attack this area (if he plays) as much as we can.

Controversial, but I would start Drogba in this one. There will be very very little space for Remy in that pitch, and Drogba is very good at making use of small spaces. We should make use of the small pitch by having Drogba as a target man and Ramires, Hazard and Willian running at anything he lays down.

Courtois

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Azpi

Matic-Fabregas

Ramires-Willian-Hazard

Drogba

Sea foot   

Can we stop this "small pitch" talk. According to wiki (I know I know) our pitch is 112.6 x 73.2 yards. QPR's is 112 x 72 yards. I'm sure Remy could squeeze his frame into that

cam4blue   

Controversial, but I would start Drogba in this one. There will be very very little space for Remy in that pitch, and Drogba is very good at making use of small spaces. We should make use of the small pitch by having Drogba as a target man

That isn't a bad idea TBH, especially as neither Drogba or Remy are going to be out there for the full 90. Start with Drogba and you have somewhere to go even if the target man tactic doesn't work (and the target man tactic actually has worked for us this season, Tottenham at home IIRC; we fired it up to Drogba and got in and around him. They couldn't live with it. Most of the other games Drogba started for us we've expected him to play as a more rounded striker and he's been average or poor. One game we just lumped it to him as he stood in the middle and we supported him with movement; and he was excellent IMO).

I also think that, if there were to be a change to the "first choice XI" it would be Ramires for Oscar (although I would stick with Oscar myself). Maybe Fabregas in the 10 role. Maybe Ramires on the right. Other than that, I think we know what team we are getting (wouldn't mind seeing Cech or Zouma having a run-out, but I'd be surprised).