Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarefreeMuratcan

Where does the MHU end and the East Upper begin?

5 posts in this topic

Funny title, it sounds almost like a philosophical gambit!

I'm going to be in the MHU for the Sunderland game and want to figure out exactly where I'll be (a recent habit I've gotten into is looking at high resolution photos of the stands and figuring it out lol). I haven't sat up there in a while, if ever, usually prefer Shed/MHL or East Lower if I sit with my Dad and Sister.

However the MHU/East Upper don't have a clear separation, so I'm not quite sure where exactly I'll be. Row F Seat 242. Will it be side on like the East stand or edge on in the corner?

Also I don't want to get too far ahead of everything, but let's say all goes well and we win the league, will the view of the trophy lifting be good from there? Can't help but wonder if I should have been patient and wait for a West Lower ticket to get a nice view of that. I was in the Shed Lower near the West Stand for the 2010 title win and the view wasn't even all that great if I remember correctly, so perhaps it's not a big deal and I'm obsessing over nothing.

Oh and most importantly atmosphere. MHL is obviously going to be buzzing, but does the Upper join in? Are MHL chants easy to spread up there? I would have thought yes, it's surely not as dead as the West and East Upper?

(Hopefully!) If its the same as 2010, any trophy presentation will take place in front off the East Lower north facing the posh seats in the West Stand. They probably should do it facing away from the away fans in the Shed so less people have a blocked view, but what do I know? I actually know one of the guys who works for the firm who builds the staging each year, perhaps I'll have a word!

Just got my Dad and Sister West Upper seats for this game. Posh seats for them, hope the view is great, they're used to sitting in the East Lower.

Definitely a very good view up there compared to what I'm used to in the MHL, nice and comfy but no atmosphere.

The most unbelievable good luck happened to me today on the Ticket Exchange. My Grandparents are coming on holiday to the UK in a few weeks (first time my Grandad will be outside of Turkey, 2nd time for Grandmum). I've already got a ticket for the Sunderland game, as have my Dad and Sister. So I decided to look for a ticket for my Grandad in the same stand as me. I was on the Ticket Exchange and saw a ticket in MHU and the seat number seemed near mine. So I thought ok might as well get it, at least he can sit near me, and we might be able to swap with people.

Before buying it I decided to look up my seat number for the game...Couldn't believe it. Turns out the ticket is exactly next to mine, same row. What are the chances honestly.

Also I figured out where exactly the seats are, which is the reason I opened this topic in the first place. Turns out they are in line with the East Stand despite being Matthew Harding. Atmosphere from MHL will reverberate well, view for the football and celebrations will be great. Can't wait :D.