• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

Scooba   

Definitely slapping a few quid on Drogba scoring against these lot.

Would be surprised if he started. Costa has a chance of being fit and Remy will definitely be back.

I wonder how this game will play out. One way, I reckon a draw is a good result and a result that more or less confirms our title. If Jose wants us to get it in the bag as soon as possible I suppose a bore draw is a possibility with the view to nick it should the chance come along.

Another part of me would like to see us go all out trying to win it in style. Even if we do lose, it would take some collapse for us not winning it from this position.

Will be interesting to see what option Jose goes with although I'm fairly certain it'll be a "don't lose" approach.

Courtois; Ivan, Cahill, Terry, Azpi; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy

BlueFizz   

Its imperative we do not lose this game. It wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd rather us win the league sooner rather than later. We need to kill any title hopes Arsenal may have.

That said, Arsenal are playing at home and are in top form. They will want to beat us obviously and know they must if they are to have any slim chance if winning the title.

I honestly don't know if we can beat them this time, but with Chelsea we always have a chance. Mourinho will set out his team pretty much with the same mindset as Man United's game. If we defend well we will prevail.

Mertesacker is out for Arsenal but this won't matter, Jose doesn't care, just like Man U, they were missing 3-4 players. Costa could be available, I just hope Chelsea do not rush him. Seriously, he hasn't played since he got injured, what's to say he won't get injured again. If he is not 200% ready then Jose should not risk him. Good news is that Willian should be fit and ready this time. MIkel is back as well, just in case we need him, Remy should be back as well. So if Remy is back and fitter than Costa, here is how I would start:

.....................................................................Courtois

Ivanovic........................................Cahill...............................Terry..................................Azpilicueta

.....................................................Zouma............................Matic

Willian.........................................................Fabregas..................................................Hazard

.....................................................................Remy

I have added Zouma because I feel Mourinho will go for a point here.

I would Bring on Costa sometime in the second half if we really need to chase a goal. Drogba and Mikel can come on if we need to defend a lead. Oscar would come on if we need to score and if we need more movement and creativity.

I predict a 0-0 or another 1-0 win for us.

I think you're right on most points - but I disagree that Arsenal are in 'top form'. In many respects they're grinding results out regularly like we are. Talking to an Arsenal supporting friend, he says that he's been expecting them to drop points as they keep just scrapping and scraping home.

And given we've now won our last four, not sure we can now be considered not in as good form as them.

We have absolutely nothing to fear going to Emirates - respect their quality yes, but no need to see ourselves as the out of form team against the in form team at all.

cii99mn1   

The biggest enemy is complacency. Good thing is Mourinho would just hate losing to Arsene and will make sure we are up for it. The players will feel what it means to him.

I was at Wembley on Saturday (on a friend's spare) and Arsenal are going to have to play a lot better than that to get anything from this game. I thought they were very average. Sanchez needs watching. Other than that, expect 0-0.

xCELERYx   

I genuinely hope Costa doesn't play, we're not that desperate on needing him back to risk another niggle. I'd prefer we just wait until he's 100% fit and get him through the rest of the season healthy. On the other hand, Remy hopefully will be right to start, give him 60-70 minutes and then bring Drogba on for the final 20-30 where he can be more of an impact and his stamina isn't as big of an issue.

Would also be nice seeing Cesc put the final nail in the Arsenal coffin.

As good as Arsenal have been lately, I think they'll be nervous when they see the Blue wall they'll have to get through. They haven't scored against us for 4 games. Got to be a psychological block for them there that we can exploit.

I don't think Jose rates Wenger very highly and I think he may make a point to him about just how good Arsenal actually are with a comprehensive beating.

I think we'll win too Mark, but a comprehensive 1-0 appears to be most likely based on our recent track record don't you think?