• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

Sea foot   

I think we'll win too Mark, but a comprehensive 1-0 appears to be most likely based on our recent track record don't you think?

Recent track record? If you only take the last two games, then yes.

Recent track record? If you only take the last two games, then yes.

No, we've played in very similar vein ever since Swansea.

No, we've played in very similar vein ever since Swansea.

There's a difference between knowingly using a certain strategy (see Man U for an example) and to struggle to impose your modus operandi due to external factors.

Some fail to make a distinction between the two. Others seem to think Jose can always control how well his players perform.

I think we'll win too Mark, but a comprehensive 1-0 appears to be most likely based on our recent track record don't you think?

The implication being all (our?) 1-0s are only obtained by sheer luck. Scoring more and conceding less/none at all seems a pretty good gameplan to me.

The implication being all (our?) 1-0s are only obtained by sheer luck. Scoring more and conceding less/none at all seems a pretty good gameplan to me.

No, of course it's not sheer luck. I really don't see how you inferred that from what I wrote. Nevertheless, we do have to ride our luck from time to time when relying on a slender lead. That's only inevitable and it is risky in my view as you know. . All I was saying in reply to Sea Foot is that we've played in a predominately defensive mode since the Swansea game and even the Jose hardliners on here would agree with that I think.

All I said in reply to Mark's post was that I thought we'd win 1-0 and I think that's a pretty reasonable prediction when taking into consideration our approach to games over the latter part of the season. I think that 1-0 Chelsea won't be available at that long a price on Betfair for sure.

There's a difference between knowingly using a certain strategy (see Man U for an example) and to struggle to impose your modus operandi due to external factors.

Some fail to make a distinction between the two. Others seem to think Jose can always control how well his players perform.

There's a difference in motivation certainly, but little or none when it comes to implementation. By the way, are we not still struggling to impose our MO because of external factors? Injuries to Costa and Remy for example, plus the much touted fatigue?

As for Jose's control over the players? Well I think that all managers must accept considerable responsibility for the performances of their players; it's part of the job and would apply to any manager, such as Scolari, AVB and Benitez for example. Would you have excused any of them for their players' sub-par performance levels?

At any rate, aside from control over how well the players perform, a manager like JM is certainly very instrumental in influencing the way in which they play, I.e. the style. If that were not the case, then how could there be such widespread use of terms like Jose's masterclass and so on. You can't have it both ways.

paulw66   

All I said in reply to Mark's post was that I thought we'd win 1-0 and I think that's a pretty reasonable prediction when taking into consideration our approach to games over the latter part of the season. I think that 1-0 Chelsea won't be available at that long a price on Betfair for sure.

8/1 if you are interested. Arsenal are favourites. I don't get it.

Neither of them were even close to be in a position we find ourselves in right now.

We had a lot to bitch about when we had those three. Now? Not so much.

Sea foot   

As for Jose's control over the players? Well I think that all managers must accept considerable responsibility for the performances of their players; it's part of the job and would apply to any manager, such as Scolari, AVB and Benitez for example. Would you have excused any of them for their players' sub-par performance levels?

Bub but but we're Ten points clear. What part of that do you find hard to understand or indeed revel in?

8/1 if you are interested. Arsenal are favourites. I don't get it.

Wow yeh. 8/1 seems pretty generous to me. I imagine Arsenal have been made favourites because of their much vaunted really good recent form. I think they've been on a very good run of results obviously, but I'm less sure about how well they've been playing.