• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

BlueFizz   

Good result.

I expect a massive drop off from Arsenal now - whole focus on cup, so Hull may nick a draw against them next week.

Under 18s can seal Youth Fa Cup tomorrow then we can tonk Leicester and Pardew will gift wrap the title for his bezzy Jose next weekend

cii99mn1   

Great result for us. Should be plain sailing now.

First half was a bit too open I thought even though we created the better chances. Our passing was a bit off, especially Fabregas misplaced more than he normally would. Second half we closed shop and were well in control. When we attacked they fouled us. Has a player ever forced more yellows in one half than Hazard did?

Regarding the penalty decisions only Ospina on Oscar won't be disputed by anyone. Except Oliver of course. He's normally a good ref but what he did there I don't know.

Embarrassing from the Arsenal fans how they treated Cesc. Compare how we received Mata.

Khobar   

Three penalty shouts and we ended up with one player with concussion, one yellow card and no penalties.

Go figure.

Arsenal fan online reaction is typically amusing- they were Duff, and can consider themselves lucky to have not been beaten by a team who didn't particularly go for it. Still, easier to point fingers at 'boring' Chelsea than admit your players were mediocre and your manager got it wrong. They were far too narrow, and that meant we barely had to bother containing them- it wasn't backs against the wall.

One Arsenal player I was impressed by was Bellerin- did very well against Hazard.

cii99mn1   

Think Arsenal played quite aged game. Their passing was sharper than ours in the first half but we were defending much better.

By the way, they haven't scored against us in five games now. And this was the first time in nine months or something they failed to score at the Emirates.

How the ref never gave a penalty for the assault on Oscar is beyond me.

Otherwise, thought we got what we played for.

A solid, controlled performance without any cutting edge. Not surprising considering we had no fit strikers.

Ha. So Leicester next. I remember back in 1989 we had to win there to win promotion from the old Division Two. Sadly we lost that day, but I was at SB the week after when we beat Leeds (thanks Johnny B) to go up as champs. Typical Chels though, Strachan nearly scored in the last minute for them!

Would be great to win at Leicester then wrap it up against Palarse, and then Scousefilth will have to clap us onto the pitch!

See, I've got it all planned ;)

Ham   

Ha. So Leicester next. I remember back in 1989 we had to win there to win promotion from the old Division Two. Sadly we lost that day, but I was at SB the week after when we beat Leeds (thanks Johnny B) to go up as champs. Typical Chels though, Strachan nearly scored in the last minute for them!

Would be great to win at Leicester then wrap it up against Palarse, and then Scousefilth will have to clap us onto the pitch!

See, I've got it all planned ;)

Just beat Leicester? Two words;

Steve Guppy. :o(

tradu81   

As predicted 0-0 draw. Good result for us and I prefer it this way. Pretty much because we now have the opportunity to clinch the title at Home in front of our own fans and against either Crystal Palace or Liverpool. We are close and so far I think its going to Mourinho's plan.

I thought we played well especially away, we had a couple of really good chances, Oscar and Ramires's chances were golden. I hope Oscar is fine after the concussion, apparently he went hospital at HT.

Hazard was a little off the pace but still descent. Willian, Fabregas and Matic all did well as did Oscar. Our backline was superb as well. Another match which Wenger could not beat Jose now, what's that 13 games now without defeat. It must be killing Arsene.

The title is near, I can feel it. I don't think Mourinho and\or the players will throw this away. You can see it in Jose's eyes and the players after every game, they want it bad. I can tell they are treating every game as a Final, very strategic. I'm already excited about next season, rumours are Koke, Pogba, Varane are all linked and Icardi as well. If we can get Koke or Pogba I will be extremely happy. Koke is an upgrade to Oscar, Cuadrado and Willian in my opinion and Pogba as well. Koke is a natural successor to Fabregas in the future but right now they both play in the first 11. Koke is not just good on the ball but a defensive minded one as well. Perfect player for Jose.