• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

Much better performance than against United I felt. Certainly in the first half. Thought Drogba was really poor, but we will have to make do right now. Looks like another League title is a certainty and a very high points total to boot. That is some accomplishment to be honest.

Three penalty shouts and we ended up with one player with concussion, one yellow card and no penalties.

Go figure.

For me the worst one was the Fabregas one - where the guy should have been booked just for threatening to sweep through Fab4's legs, that he pulled out and still clipped him while Fab4 tried to avoid being kicked to pieces should not change things, Even without contact that is a pen, with full contact it would have been 3 game plus more.

Arsenal's crowd were a disgrace today. I am reluctant to praise our fans for applauding Mata last week as I think it was a minimum one could expect. But Arsenal were a disgrace.

We have 3 penalties this season - we were denied 3 good penalties by one ref in one game today. No wonder JM does not wish to discuss.... that is what the team of hacks on the tele are supposed to discuss.

We have 5 yellows for diving this season - were any of them even up for discussion?

Fantastic to watch for 45 mins. More subtle for the second 45 mins.

Matic and Drogba were pretty much crap, Courtois had one bad push out but made up for that. The rest were excellent.

Azpi deserved Motm. Ramires was Ramires - barely moving while covering a whole acre when needed. Willian ran locally, Ramires commanded an acre. The chance he missed wasn't a chance for anyone else on the pitch.

Cahill was superb - perhaps not in the top 10 Chelsea players, but certainly in the top 2 PL CBs. Totally deserved Motm.

Yet Terry was the best of the Motm and lets be honest here, Hazard is MOT 2nd half of the season. Fabregas was certainly Mot first half. But JT is Mot decade.

Much better performance than against United I felt. Certainly in the first half. Thought Drogba was really poor, but we will have to make do right now. Looks like another League title is a certainty and a very high points total to boot. That is some accomplishment to be honest.

Really???

I thought it was much the same, while Arsenal were many times better than Man U leading to a much closer game where we could not have raised out game if we had to,

Or course if the 3 penalties had been given it would have appeared different.

Just to add - a lot was made on my TV feed about Chelsea players celebrating a drawer.

I saw JT, Azpi & Cahill celebrating strongly, but no one else. So I suspect it was the clean sheet the defence was celebrating rather than the draw.

To be honest I was really really frustrated - especially in the second half when we were playing for a draw pretty much. For me we should have been trying to win, without taking stupid risks, not just trying not to lose. Though to be fair we had at least one pen not given in the first half.

On reflection, it was a good result. All we need to do now is win our next two games and we win the league, and can win it at home.

People keep saying we need five more points, but we only need five to be level if Arsenal win all their games. We need 6 to outright win it.

Let's do it this week.

Just to add - a lot was made on my TV feed about Chelsea players celebrating a drawer.

I saw JT, Azpi & Cahill celebrating strongly, but no one else. So I suspect it was the clean sheet the defence was celebrating rather than the draw.

Didn't see it that way, I thought they were celebrating the fact that Arsenal our nearest rivals started the game 10 points behind us and finished it 10 points behind us with 1 less game to catch us up. Job done.

Khobar   

To be honest I was really really frustrated - especially in the second half when we were playing for a draw pretty much. For me we should have been trying to win, without taking stupid risks, not just trying not to lose. Though to be fair we had at least one pen not given in the first half.

On reflection, it was a good result. All we need to do now is win our next two games and we win the league, and can win it at home.

People keep saying we need five more points, but we only need five to be level if Arsenal win all their games. We need 6 to outright win it.

Let's do it this week.

In fairness, had even one of the penalties been given it would have ended up a comfortable win. Mustn't discount the endless fouls around the half way line which eventually brought 3 yellows in the last few minutes either. All were potentially productive breaks. This weekend, the commentary team deemed such interventions as professional rather than desperate cheating. Wonder what will happen if we try it against Leicester?

Stop taking the Gooners TV feed ;-)

The last few games have seen JT, GC & CA celebrating. Yesterday was perhaps a little bit more reserved, apart from JT mouthing F-off to the Arsenal fans whining on about being boring.