• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

In fairness, had even one of the penalties been given it would have ended up a comfortable win. Mustn't discount the endless fouls around the half way line which eventually brought 3 yellows in the last few minutes either. All were potentially productive breaks. This weekend, the commentary team deemed such interventions as professional rather than desperate cheating. Wonder what will happen if we try it against Leicester?

Yup - they praised Arsenal for doing something they were previously too "honest" to do.

It seems people have even shorter memories about Arsenal than they do about Chelsea.

Khobar   

Had forgotten it was Oliver who booked Costa for diving earlier in the season. Incorrectly again of course.

Just beat Leicester? Two words;

Steve Guppy. :o(

I remember it well. 2-0 up and Luca fiddled with the defence...but here's the good news: Steve Guppy has retired :D

Jeez that looks really bad :(

Agree he should have come straight off, but not sure anyone would have been able to see him straight after to see the response.

Ospina should have been straight off too.

In my mind this injury is DIRECTLY because referees have consistently failed to punish repeated and deliberate fouling on our players.

I would like nothing more than to wrap this title up by Palace and then spend the liverpool game going in two footed into Skertel Gerrard and the rest of the isstorie boys as well as all of the officials. No less than they deserve.

PL the Ref and SKY are an absolute farce.

In fairness, had even one of the penalties been given it would have ended up a comfortable win. Mustn't discount the endless fouls around the half way line which eventually brought 3 yellows in the last few minutes either. All were potentially productive breaks. This weekend, the commentary team deemed such interventions as professional rather than desperate cheating. Wonder what will happen if we try it against Leicester?

I agree. I think that in this case, once we'd not scored and it was 0-0 at half-time, it became crucial for us to maintain the distance on Arsenal. I think against United we should have punished them and were far too negative, but the gameplan yesterday was spon on as far as I was concerned.

Didn't see it that way, I thought they were celebrating the fact that Arsenal our nearest rivals started the game 10 points behind us and finished it 10 points behind us with 1 less game to catch us up. Job done.

Exactly. It's ours to lose now.

Stop taking the Gooners TV feed ;-)

The last few games have seen JT, GC & CA celebrating. Yesterday was perhaps a little bit more reserved, apart from JT mouthing F-off to the Arsenal fans whining on about being boring.

Ha ha loved seeing JT mouthing that. And as Jermaine Jenas said, Arsenal were the boring ones really, go and get the ball off Chelsea and do something, but they couldn't. Do you remember the match in 2009 at Barca when we got that 0-0? It was one of the most heroic performances I have ever seen. Of course we want a balance between defence and attack but sometimes if you go toe-to-toe you're going to get a hiding.

Jeez that looks really bad :(

Agree he should have come straight off, but not sure anyone would have been able to see him straight after to see the response.

Ospina should have been straight off too.

In my mind this injury is DIRECTLY because referees have consistently failed to punish repeated and deliberate fouling on our players.

I would like nothing more than to wrap this title up by Palace and then spend the liverpool game going in two footed into Skertel Gerrard and the rest of the isstorie boys as well as all of the officials. No less than they deserve.

PL the Ref and SKY are an absolute farce.

Agree with all of the above. At the current rate we will see a Referee sued for failing to protect a player leading to them losing their livelihood.

Also:

What a complete plank Wenger is. For so many years he played the wrong tactic of going full pelt early on against us and getting countered. The one time where actually he needed to play that tactic as they had nothing to lose the bottled it as he was scared to lose.

We didn't need to park the bus, they did not try and win a game they had to.

Love the Latte mafia and the idiots in the media tying themselves in knots trying to justify their own failures.

Love being this hated.

paulw66   

http://gfycat.com/IncompleteGrayArachnid

Oscar clearly showing fencing response, really should have been brought off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

That's the first time I have seen that again. Not a penalty? Incredible.

By the way, the singing outside the ground after the match was epic. Another great away day