• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

Yes - but we have had 2 or 3 different medical teams since then - I doubt if anyone other than JM and his two assistants are still here since then amongst the back room staff - even Lochillon wasn't here then.

It was Jose's comments and actions following that game at Reading that changed the regulations for ambulance/paramedic attendance and access during games, this latterly and possibly went some way to saving Fabrice Muamba's life.

Given our experience and the clubs awareness of head injury type issues could well have made us as aware, if not more aware of the dangers and you'd hope this message would be well established and just because people move on the philosophy wouldn't change.

With Jose back at the club and already having had our medical staff questioned this season (quite wrongly in my opinion) at the home game this season with Arsenal regarding the bang on the bonce that Courtois took, he stayed on for a short while and was then substituted, I am satisfied that all measures would be in place to reasonably safeguard our players in this instance.

Khobar   

Yes - but we have had 2 or 3 different medical teams since then - I doubt if anyone other than JM and his two assistants are still here since then amongst the back room staff - even Lochillon wasn't here then.

Just because the staff move in, it doesn't mean that the experience and the systems put in place should change. In fact, these days it would be amazing to think that head injuries in general were treated lightly (certainly not as lightly as Mike Riley treated them at Reading).

Although I get your angle, our past experiences in isolation would not be the whole story.

These days, I imagine our medical department is looked upon with envy, much like everything else at the club.

Just because the staff move in, it doesn't mean that the experience and the systems put in place should change. In fact, these days it would be amazing to think that head injuries in general were treated lightly (certainly not as lightly as Mike Riley treated them at Reading).

Although I get your angle, our past experiences in isolation would not be the whole story.

These days, I imagine our medical department is looked upon with envy, much like everything else at the club.

^Certainly it is the first time for a while that we have heard no complaints. I know that Eva brings some great PR, but I am more relaxed about the medics than at any other time.

Khobar   

^Certainly it is the first time for a while that we have heard no complaints. I know that Eva brings some great PR, but I am more relaxed about the medics than at any other time.

Who was that guy who was there before? We seemed to have a multitude of problems with him.

Who was that guy who was there before? We seemed to have a multitude of problems with him.

Then there was the superstar from Milan who held the secret of eternal youth.

Then there was the superstar from Milan who held the secret of eternal youth.

Was always amazed with that, also the fact he didn't seem to want to apply it to himself..... :)

The ongoing bile and bitterness of Arsenal fans is truly something else! Hilarious stuff, they've actually managed to convincingly outstrip the equivalent from Man Utd fans last week - and they were laughably caught up themselves. Some random fool wrote in to football365's mailbox allegedly for the first time in 18 years with claptrap fairly biblical in length.

Being London's second best for so long has really hurt them, it would appear.

Love it!!