• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0

Anything but our starting XI makes no sense.

There's no reason to weaken us by playing Mikel, Ramires or Zouma in midfield.

Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpi; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy

BlueFizz   

Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpi; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy

That would be my team. We don't have to take special measures to match them; our best 11 is better than theirs - which is why we're ten points clear. (And for the record I think our best 10 plus Remy is also better than theirs.

Come on you blues!

Not sure about Ivan up against Sanchez. Might be better Dave and Luis?

GURJ SS   

Courtois;

Ivan, Cahill, Terry, Azpi;

Mikel, Matic, Ramires;

Oscar, Willian;

Hazard;

Powerful in defence. Flair in attack. With a balance between power and energy in the middle of the park.

I want to be confident based on how we bossed them in the Stamford Bridge game, but what do we judge by? Their form or their last game with us? I think if we delve into the detail of their form we can see how in certain games they've been holding on by a thread; Newcastle and Palace, though the caveat is those were away. Their defense still commits mistakes but they've gotten away with it against weaker opposition, whereas we've shown how lethal we can be when given just one to exploit.

In the Stamford Bridge game we came out strong from the first whistle, hassling, harrying and physically getting into their faces. That's all you need to do against Arsenal to scare them off. There will be so much more room to play for Hazard and co. than in the average PL game. Arsenal should be worried surely. They either play as they've been doing and take their risks, which suits us just fine as we're the fastest at transitioning from defense to attack. Or they can try and play pragmatically which isn't their strong point and which allows us to build the pressure.

Seeing as they're at home and have a mandate to "play the Arsenal way" I'm sure it will be the former.

Seeing as Ake's now back from loan I would go with:

Cech - Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Zouma - Azpilicueta

Ramires - Matic - Ake - Luis

2 keepers in goal, 5 at the back and 4 DMs. Well, maybe give a bit of licence to Luis, perhaps.

Which of the strikers are fit for this?

Lots of positivity on here (that's usually a bad sign haha).

Honestly, don't expect to win this, we may draw, but I have a strong feeling that we'll end up losing.

Won't matter much in the long run, but Arsenal are playing some seriously good football right now, and we aren't simple as. If we go for anything other than a tactical, defensive strategy, then I think we'll end up losing.