• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

DaveF   

RLC, thought he had a good game and was took off at the right time, always best to leave the public wanting more. I'm sure they decided before the game an give him an hour.

Thought we settled for a draw rather early on in the game, but nothing to play for.

I never expected Gerrard to come out and thank us all for clapping him, and after the game was a bit annoyed with his comments. But I can see what he means, we've given him loads of clog for the past decade, he's never complained never given anything back, just took it and got on with his game, over the past 12 months the level has stepped up just a little bit, so you can hardly expect the geezer to suddenly think what a lovely bunch we are because we've clapped him for 30 seconds.

My lad asked me yesterday why we clapped him. I didn't wait for TSO to start anything, I've seen Gerrard give his all for his club and country for the past 16, 17 years, I despise the scousers as much as the next person but he is for them, a club legend and like I said above he gets dogs abuse from supporters of loads of clubs, he's never got outwardly riled and never gave anything back. As a player 17 years at the top level is some achievement, I think we've seen him around 40 times playing against us. The fact that he plays for another team doesn't mean that he's not given me some entertainment over the years, as for the reception I was sat right behind their bench yesterday and Gerrard certainly stopped and applauded all around the ground, he looked pretty chocked as he left the pitch. We're never going to be 'friends' but I was happy to acknowledge his career in what will be the last time I will probably see him play on these shores.

Holymoly   

I believe Jose has said RLC has a place at Chelsea next season?

GURJ SS   

He did ok. Probably the perfect performance at this stage - tidy, efficient but none of this 'world beater' rubbish so early on. Unfortunate to go off, but again probably the right decision for his overall career. 8 - 12 starts next season and we'll see where we go from there.

I agree, I am actually happy he didn't have a world beating performance. I would much rather have him build up slowly and develop his game for the long run, and not just 2-3 seasons.

Chel_don   

Is Jose going to make RLC a box to box type like Ramires or a holding type like Matic? In that match he seemed more of a holding type. I hope he is given license to roam forward in the future.

Let's say you had performed excellently all year winning employee of the year and then also landing a huge deal for the company just last week. I think your boss might let you off for slacking off a day or two.

I wasn't really expecting much today in a dead rubber against a team that needed to win. A few positives not least RLC who did not misplace a single pass and looked like a premier league ready player.

Why? I'm being paid to work, not slack off. Holidays are for slacking off.

paulw66   

Why? I'm being paid to work, not slack off. Holidays are for slacking off.

There is clearly a difference between doing a day job and being a professional footballer who has already won the league.

There is nothing to gain for the Chelsea players in terms of a genuine incentive. Do the remaining results really matter? No. otherwise JM wouldnt have given them so many days off.