• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 0

Meaningless dead rubber. Why should it just be us playing the kids? Don't WBA have a youth programme? Easy win for us.

There are no relegation or European qualification issues at stake obviously and our finishing position in the league is assured no matter what. However, WBA could improve their finishing position by a couple of places or so, depending on their final match results and that determines how much money they're awarded. Other teams around them in the league are also affected as a consequence.

"Your boss"

Enough said.

Heh, exactly.

Anyway, if Jose is true to his word that the 'first teamers' will play on Sunday, then tonight will be the chance to see the kids. It would be great to see RLC, Brown and Ake get some decent minutes. Makes no sense for Costa to play when there's only a week left of the season.

It would be nice for the team to go out and express themselves tonight, but I think the nothing-to-play-for lethargy will most likely continue, which is totally understandable.

That was my thinking, but on reflection (and with no medical knowledge to back it up) would there not be a case for playing him if he were declared fit, as a game now in a (semi) competitive environment would test the hamstring before the summer. If he comes through then great, but if it breaks down again at least we are forewarned in time for next season.

I don't think this would be wise, whatever is wrong with Costa's hamstrings looks as if it needs a LONG and extended rest period. I don't think them breaking down in these last 2 games would tell us anything useful. I do however think we need more reliable back-up in the striker department this summer as he and Remy seem injury-prone.

Anyway, if Jose is true to his word that the 'first teamers' will play on Sunday, then tonight will be the chance to see the kids. It would be great to see RLC, Brown and Ake get some decent minutes. Makes no sense for Costa to play when there's only a week left of the season.

If Sunderland draw or win at Arsenal on Wednesday, then they are definitely up, and JM can pick who whatever team he wants.

Probably unlikely though.

If Sunderland draw or win at Arsenal on Wednesday, then they are definitely up, and JM can pick who whatever team he wants.

Probably unlikely though.

I think I heard him say though that it was right that the players who had won the league play in the final game - though as you say that may have been related to Sunderland's situation

I think I heard him say though that it was right that the players who had won the league play in the final game - though as you say that may have been related to Sunderland's situation

In fact JM did say that because the result could affect the league then he would play the regular season players.

Blue Rod   

I don't think who plays is nearly as important as how they play. I may be a lone voice here but I know of many fans who are wondering if the quality of football will ever improve under this manager. I don't think it's too much to ask for to see some decent football. And I don't really think there is any excuses left to recycle.

Scooba   

I don't think who plays is nearly as important as how they play. I may be a lone voice here but I know of many fans who are wondering if the quality of football will ever improve under this manager. I don't think it's too much to ask for to see some decent football. And I don't really think there is any excuses left to recycle.

Have you not been watching us this season? Some of the football we have played at times has been outstanding.

Muchos yawning @ Blue Rod.

Meanwhile, Costa starts!

Chelsea team v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Filipe Luis; Loftus-Cheek, Matic; Remy, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC