• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 0

Cech

Ivanovic Christensen Terry Luis

RLC Mikel

Cuadrado Willian Brown

Remy

Subs: Blackman (AWOL), Cahill, Aké, Matic, Hazard, Drogba, Solanke

Is it? How many players in the France team play in France outside of PSG and Monaco?

Well from the last French 11 starters, there were players from St Etienne, Lyons (2) and Marseille.

But most of the others had broken into the French national team while at French clubs.

The question you really ought to be asking though is how many of them only had 7 league starts this season - wherever they are.

I don't think it particularly delusional to think that certain players would be capable of playing in 6-12 games during the course of a season. It's up to the players themselves to push their claim when they get the opportunity. Some experienced players such as DeBruyne, Schurrle and others didn't manage it so it's not an easy job by any means but why is it delusional to feel that a young player might actually turn out to have that special something that would encourage further games? Realistically, a Challobah or Loftus-Cheek can't be THAT far off the pace set by Mikel these days. And that's not based on the awful performance against Liverpool (where you felt the RLC performance was disappointing) but on overall performances over some time now.

If we are going to bring these youngsters on, this is about the right time as we have JT in the mix as an example to work with. Could be the perfect storm.

Wtf are the press going to whinge about if we start getting productive academy players into a winning first team? There'll be mass suicides I imagine :-)

A lot depends on what you mean by playing 6-12 games. If 3 sub appearances in the LC and 3 more in the CL group games counts, sure you are right.

But if you think anyone is going to start more than 6 PL games other than Zouma forget it. Chalobah and RLC are a million miles from where Mikel was when he started. Chalobah/Kalas/Omeruo as CBs are miles behind Zouma (and 2 months younger, 17 months older and 12 months older respectively).

Of the players that have stayed at the club, this year, only Solanke, Abrahams and Zouma can say they have really done well. 2 of those are too young to be playing regular first team football next season, the other cost a small fortune.

Of the players that went on loan only Bamford can say he has performed well (and I guess, in a way Salah). But I don't see Bamford playing a regular role next season. Kalas is 22 this week - he has found his level.

Too much is made of our massive youth squads that win trophies. Too much is made of how they all look good. I want to hear about how poor most of them are, and how one or two really stand out.

That last bit about wanting to see a bunch of rubbish kids and one or two stand-out performers makes no sense.

If the general level of all players is higher, why would that be a bad thing? Doesn't make the best players any worse - that's for sure.

Plus, I'd say the youngsters we have now are the best the club has ever produced by a long shot. Added bonus is that most of them are actually made in Chelsea and not foreign imports. How is this a bad thing?

You have experts from all over the game hailing Chelsea's academy (and they have been, for a number of years now). I think the general feeling among the people in the know (or who actually follow the academy) expects a few of these lads to make it.

Will they? Who knows, but these lads represents our best chance in decades. And yes, I know you'll come dragging with Huth and Cole so you may as well spare me.

Will they? Who knows, but these lads represents our best chance in decades. And yes, I know you'll come dragging with Huth and Cole so you may as well spare me.

Since er Chalobah? Nathan Ake? piazon? Josh? Kakuta? Bruma?

Did anyone say at the time that Jack Cork, Bridcutt and Bertrand were our best chances of producing Premier League players?

That's not even an argument.

I know what you're doing, you're playing the odds. Great - it's the safe bet. But you can't deny that the level of our players today are a lot higher than it was 5-10 years ago. And if you do, you can't follow the academy very closely.

paulw66   

Since er Chalobah? Nathan Ake? piazon? Josh? Kakuta? Bruma?

Did anyone say at the time that Jack Cork, Bridcutt and Bertrand were our best chances of producing Premier League players?

We don't want to produce Premier League players, we want to produce players good enough for Chelsea.

paulw66   

Chalobah and RLC are a million miles from where Mikel was when he started.

Purely subjective, of course.

That's not even an argument.

I know what you're doing, you're playing the odds. Great - it's the safe bet. But you can't deny that the level of our players today are a lot higher than it was 5-10 years ago. And if you do, you can't follow the academy very closely.

We don't want to produce Premier League players, we want to produce players good enough for Chelsea.

I think these two posts answer themselves.