• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 0

Sciatika   

I'd like to see Ake get some game time. I've always liked him. [if only people would figure out that being Dutch with an Afro doesn't make you some kind of Gullit clone.] I'd also like to see Izzy Brown get some minutes. I can't imagine we would play more than two young players in the same game.

Ruudboy   

To be fair, my Dutch mates call him MiniRuud ... agree on Izzy, though. Saw him at Wycombe last summer and he looked promising.

But you know that's not going to happen. We already have youngsters who are good enough to at least regularly come on as substitute for some of our struggling midfielders or strikers (if we have any player with such title other than Costa) Anyone who thinks that we are going to see two or three young players playing some games next season can dream on. The club ownership has its own strategy - to develop young players for the first team. The manager agrees with that strategy so long as they don't expect the young players to feature in matches. It wouldn't be so confusing if we didn't keep signing the likes of Cuadrado or giving new contracts to Drogba. The bottom line is, Jorge Mendes does not get his commission by promoting youth players into the first team. Perhaps we could send our young players to Portugal and buy them back. Seems a shorter path to first team football for them.

Well, fair play. You stick to your guns. 3 weeks or so since your last post, in which time we've won the league and received a guard of honour and we don't hear a peep from you. Until now where you've stuck your head above the parapet to post a tiresome, not so thinly veiled dig at our Boss.

Khobar   

Well, fair play. You stick to your guns. 3 weeks or so since your last post, in which time we've won the league and received a guard of honour and we don't hear a peep from you. Until now where you've stuck your head above the parapet to post a tiresome, not so thinly veiled dig at our Boss.

Digging a hole and realising too late he can't climb out. A future of disappointment awaits. In a hole.

In fairness, it took me a whole two days to return to the internet after the 3-5 Spurs result. For Blue Rod to have reemerged barely two weeks after having to suffer us winning the league shows great fortitude of character.

In fairness, it took me a whole two days to return to the internet after the 3-5 Spurs result. For Blue Rod to have reemerged barely two weeks after having to suffer us winning the league shows great fortitude of character.

That appears to sum up his predicament.

Blue Rod   

Sir, this thread is about the match against West Brom. The debate that I commented in was about whether our young players are going to break into the first team. If your response to every argument is to remind people we've just won the league, then fine. However I don't see how that is caused by me.

Get over yourself for heaven's sake. I'm not having a dig at your boss. I'm just making my point.

This was once a lively forum where opinions were welcome. Now it's like a boy band, a handful of people miming to the same tune.

Khobar   

"Your boss"

Enough said.

Your boss.

¿Que?

You've outdone yourself there with that.

If by this tune we're supposedly miming as one reflects that we just won the league and the league cup under the best manager in football who is a born winner wherever he goes and who loves the club under an owner who, for his faults, clearly also loves the club and is willing - and has - completely restructured the club brilliantly from the ground up over the last 12 years then I hope we lip-synch this song for every season till kingdom come.

On-topic: I hope we win against West Brom.

Ham   

Sir, this thread is about the match against West Brom. The debate that I commented in was about whether our young players are going to break into the first team. If your response to every argument is to remind people we've just won the league, then fine. However I don't see how that is caused by me.

Get over yourself for heaven's sake. I'm not having a dig at your boss. I'm just making my point.

This was once a lively forum where opinions were welcome. Now it's like a boy band, a handful of people miming to the same tune.

You don't have to be a Chelsea fan to join in the discussion. You're welcome here as well.