Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Mcgoochan

Fifa Officials Arrested

0 posts in this topic

Not sure if we have a previous topic on this, as we all know that it's been going on for years, but; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3098630/Several-FIFA-officials-arrested-Zurich-corruption-charges.html

I hope that they find something with Blatter's name on it. But if they don't, it happened on his watch and in any other company, the CEO would take the fall.

Oh please, let them find something!!!

In a way yes, but a little part of me is very very scared of what Platini would do at the helm of FIFA. A frenchie with a chip on his shoulder... Anything can happen.

Thank god this has actually happened. FIFA has been so corrupt for so long that it has almost come to be seen as if it should just be accepted and everyone should get on with it. The hope now has to be that the whole high echelons of FIFA gets wiped out, those who took bribes get thrown in jail and we get officials who actually do what is right for the game.

One of the arrested FIFA bigwigs, now arrested.

Here he is supposed to be giving out medals to youth players.

Seriously - he is doing exactly what it looks like.

Don't get between the Americans and their money.

The shameful thing about this is that it has been US investigatiions that has lead to criminal charges, while everyone has known about it throughout.

A special word here to Andrew Jennings (Wikipedia summary: Andrew Jennings is a Scottish investigative reporter. He is best known for his work investigating and writing about corruption in the IOC and FIFA)

He has written several books on the subject and openly accused a number of FIFA officials, especially Jack Warner of Trinidad & Tobago.

The FA response will be interested. Especially after playing and losing the game a few years ago, and then pretending they only lost because of bribery. Probably true but they certainly knew how FIFA works. The result is that we remain the only big football country to have played a friendly in T&T without hosting the WC just before or soon after.

In my opinion the only reason the US are doing this now is in an effort to have the World Cup taken off Putin.

Call me cynical

^ agreed. Next thing they'll be seeking support for moving it to Kiev. Just hope they don't seek to extend their habitual cultural imperialism to adjusting the rules to pander to American tastes (stand by for wider goalmouths, facemasks for goalies and time-outs while managers dispute offsides. On the plus side, being served lager in your seat would be an improvement ...).

^ ^^ yes.
Something bad will come out of US intervention - always does.The Taliban, Isis, crime out of former Yugoslavia or Drug running out of Asia of S America.

I can see international lawyers out of New York becoming the New Crusaders, to make sure all football gets moved to the US. They started with Beckham, now it is just Gerrard and Lampard. Next year they will put out an international warrant on JT & Hazard to make them play over there.