• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Falcao

Sir   

Very good signing in my opinion. I think many here are far too pessimistic regarding Falcao, and I think he will prove many wrong. He'll chip in with his fair share of goals I don't doubt it.

Everyone deserves a chance, it doesn't necessarily follow that he'll be crap for us because he was at UTD.

IMO.

I'm in tears here (should cover both sides of the debate).

He's coming to Chelsea with a shattered reputation and a massive point to prove. He'll be motivated, that's for sure. Whether he can find the sort of form he was in pre-injury (the blistering form of 2012, or the scoring while not at his best form of 2013) is another story, but I do hope so, for both his and our sake.

CFC1966   

Although I have my reservations, I'll adopt my usual stance of "the proof is in the pudding" before prejudging Falcao. If he turns out pony, then I'd rather wait to see him evidence that first before slaughtering him ahead of actually kicking a ball for us.

I still think this has a hint of a friend for Costa about it and I guess it's similar to the Eto'o signing in 2013, if he can come in and do a job like Eto'o did on occasion then I'd be content...

I hope he scores dozens of goals... however I can't realistically see that happening. He was poor last season, and he's looked even worse playing for Columbia. I suppose given he's at such a low point, things can only get better.

I don't doubt that everyone on here wants him to succeed, though the majority are not expecting too much.

Wouldn't it be great though, if (v big if) he defied the odds and knocked in 15 goals this season.

We do continue our recent history of having some of the top strikers of the last decade or two turn up in some form.

kratos   

Well I'm not jumping for joy but like every player we buy I'll give him a fair chance.

Welcome Radamal, your are 3 years late so you better get cracking.