• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Falcao

jones   

Welcome!

He will prove people wrong. Considering we have Costa and Remy he will not have to produce right away, he will have time to build himself up physically, with less pressure to perform than at Utd. Expectations are way lower.

I dont ser him as 3rd choice, I see him and Remy as Costas backups. And I have a feeling it is Falcao who will come out on top of that duel.

I don't know this one. But I didn't like the Torres transfer and I was right about that one. I was up for Shevchenko I was wrong about him. So there is no trusting me.....I am talking to myself here.

He had an ACL injury, always difficult to get around these ones. Better off staying away from strikers with knee issues. 50-50 chance of full playing recovery from an ACL surgery . Falcao has been given the all clear about his knee, though he has had some calf injury since then. This was attributed to him not following a strict program following his surgery ( which is essential) as he knew he was out of the world cup, as well as out of the Monaco pre-season. So by this route he ended up at ManU. Where he did sweetFA, and criticized ManU for paying him 265k/week a personal trainer, physiotherapist, and a few games here and there, lessons to drive on the left side of the road in some Ferrari, and language teacher so he can order drinks in English also ask him to write his tweets.

Ungrateful twit. So where else was he going to go. Monaco didn't want him. AC Milan the traditional berth for footballers who are retired-hurt don't want to spend this much these days (something to do with no medical treatments allowed under the watchful UEFA these days on Italian football ..me thinks).

Some posters think we are getting a 3rd choice striker. I disagree. If Monaco are even paying half of his current salary which amounts to 130k, he would still be earning more then half of our squad to basically sit on the bench. Lest we forget the comments made by his Agent, his Mother, his bother's Friend, his Neighbor's pet gold Fish, Himself and everybody else as to why he is leaving ManU? Lack of Game time

Well - although 130k is an awful lot of money strikers are in general really overpriced compared to they value.

So you can't compare Falcao's salary with let's say Ramires salary. If you think about it that way, 130k for Falcao or 70-90k for Ramires?

I put those two in the same ball park for salaries (once you've adjusted for the striker premium).

Of course, this is just me shooting off numbers without scientific proof. But I'm fairly certain the base theory is true.

Well - although 130k is an awful lot of money strikers are in general really overpriced compared to they value.

So you can't compare Falcao's salary with let's say Ramires salary. If you think about it that way, 130k for Falcao or 70-90k for Ramires?

I put those two in the same ball park for salaries (once you've adjusted for the striker premium).

Of course, this is just me shooting off numbers without scientific proof. But I'm fairly certain the base theory is true.

Yeah, I would agree that strikers do attract a larger wage than those in other positions. As a consequence, with the deatils now becoming a little more clear on what we've laid out on Falcao, I think that those that think it is a waste of money are going to be less (or at least a little less) angry. Firstly, it seems that his wage is now in the £130-140k range depending on the Euro, which is £7.2m (approx at the top end) for the year, while it also looks like we avoided a fee with the loaning of Pasalic - although maybe a few more we also head over. Consequently, for me at least, Falcao as the 3rd striker option for £7-8m for the year isn't that bad of a deal. Obviosuly we all want to see a massive improvement on what we saw last year from him, but I think if his signing means Bamford gets another year of playing full-time, which aids his development, and we are then in a position to buy someone like Lacazette next summer then I will be fairly happy (although I am also hoping that Costa and Remy stay fit).

As for other transfer news/rumours, there seems to be quite a lot of noise amongst Real fans that Bale may actually leave this summer, and we are the most likely destination. Obviously, this could just be hopeful thinking on their part as a large number dislike him but if we do get him, I am seriously looking forward to seeing my Spuds supporting friends faces and listening to them whinning on Talksport.

Welcome!

He will prove people wrong. Considering we have Costa and Remy he will not have to produce right away, he will have time to build himself up physically, with less pressure to perform than at Utd. Expectations are way lower.

I dont ser him as 3rd choice, I see him and Remy as Costas backups. And I have a feeling it is Falcao who will come out on top of that duel.

Let's just hope that neither Costa nor Remy are injured in pre-season, otherwise he will have to produce right away. Frankly, at £130,00+ a week, I'd be disappointed if he couldn't produce right away!

Expectations are only low because we can all see how poor he's been the last year or so. He's possibly worse than Torres was during the lowest of his many low points, so surely there can only be one direction he can go in, and that's up.

Let's just hope that neither Costa nor Remy are injured in pre-season, otherwise he will have to produce right away. Frankly, at £130,00+ a week, I'd be disappointed if he couldn't produce right away!

Expectations are only low because we can all see how poor he's been the last year or so. He's possibly worse than Torres was during the lowest of his many low points, so surely there can only be one direction he can go in, and that's up.

That's if he goes at all. And doesn't just stay right down where he is now.

I guess the busted flush has-been role has been open ever since Torres left.

Falcao. What a donkey.

Shocking signing. And that the club obviously haven't learned from signing Sheva and Torres makes it twice as worse.

I guess the busted flush has-been role has been open ever since Torres left.

Falcao. What a donkey.

Shocking signing. And that the club obviously haven't learned from signing Sheva and Torres makes it twice as worse.

I agree, but this one is much worse. Both Sheva and Torres had reputations before they came and no one would have known.

But this??! Its been 2 years he has been pants! How can we not see that!

I agree, but this one is much worse. Both Sheva and Torres had reputations before they came and no one would have known.

But this??! Its been 2 years he has been pants! How can we not see that!

Quite! "/

Bison   

I think my expectations for Falcao are so low that I won't be distraught if/when he flops. Thanfully we have Costa and Remy so I'm not too fussed.