• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

Ashes 2015

RE: TV Coverage - Just not the same without Richie and Greigy.

Re: radio coverage... not the same without Arlott and "Johnners" ;-)

Agreed, not a fan of Swann, He is a bit of a poor mans Tuffnell, but the jokes are constant and almost prescripted.

paulw66   

They basically nicked all the best BBC commentators and copied the style, haven't they?

No.

The coverage and analysis on Sky has gone to another level

Sea foot   

Don't have Sky as MurCock will never get a penny of my hard earned, So I watch the highlights on Channel 5 and have to say that Mark Nicholas is a real pro. I love watching him do the introduction in front of the teams walking out. No chance to redo it if he cocks it up which he never does.

Finally the Aussie selectors found a way to drop Watson. That in itself, makes the second test lineup much stronger. Haddin pulling the plug on himself, strengthens the team as well. Will be interesting to see if Starc plays.

It's a batting wicket at Lords, that's for sure. A draw looms large.

If 50 years watching cricket is anything to go by, don't count yer chickens. It could yet be an opportunity for a sensible 1st innings from us and one of our bowlers to take full advantage of a turning wicket. More likely the Aussies will get out the sage & onion though. Glad I didn't get tickets now.

It's a batting wicket at Lords, that's for sure. A draw looms large.

If 50 years watching cricket is anything to go by, don't count yer chickens. It could yet be an opportunity for a sensible 1st innings from us and one of our bowlers to take full advantage of a turning wicket. More likely the Aussies will get out the sage & onion though. Glad I didn't get tickets now.

Lets hope so...

I'd take a draw at the moment and I'm generally an optimist.

40/4 in reply to 566/8 dec. Hmmm