• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

Ashes 2015

It seems that normal service has been resumed...........:).

Nah' it's only Lords. One Swallow doesn't make a Summer and England have to keep the tourist's happy for a few days. And England wouldn't England if we didn't have the habitual collapse.

Good call by the Australia though. Fry the brains of the out-fielders for a couple of days and then make them bat.

For those of us in "the rest of the world" - that is not England, Australia, Bangladesh or anywhere else the BBC radio stream is available via local stations,

You can hear it on youtube from the ECB

- just google "youtube ECB"

I realise that I am a test much late with this.

Abosultue joke of a performance from England, the bowling and batting was extremly disappoiting and has been for a while now. It's time to wield the axe, Anderson should be the first to go, he's been letting us down years now. I remember ranting about him 4 years ago and he's still playing in the Test team. Lye needs to go too, simply not good enough, there surely must be someone better at county level, though I can't say I've been following cricket much lately. The England team and their 'performances' like the one we saw over the last few days have put me off.

Well done Aussies for retaining the Ashes.

Funny how CostaTheBlue has the same knowledge of Cricket as TorresTheBlue, it's almost like they are the same person...

What's your new prediction, 1-4?

Definetly 1-4 now, Aussies will go for the kill now they have their dander up. Only the weather can save England and that's not likely to come in to play. England missed a trick not playing matches in Manchester or Leeds where it rains nearly every day and matches would have been draws.

I really tried to understand the game but no, it's just not for me.

What I'm really struggling with is then talent needed to be 'good'. What athletic ability is key to be a good cricket player?

None. If Jimmy Anderson can 'make it' anyone can.

No more comments for days when there was three pages for the first Test? LOL. Only sing when your winning guys. Typical of England cricket fans.

It seems that normal service has been resumed...........:).

Back to the alternate service today I'm pleased to say. Aussies 90/6.

None. If Jimmy Anderson can 'make it' anyone can.

They are singing "Oh Jimmy Jimmy" right now - why's that?

Another five wickets in an innings for England's leading test wicket taker... wonder what TorresTheBlue has to say this time?

Not saying the Aussies can't do the same to us. I wonder what people who bought tickets for Sunday are thinking?

Harvz   

Not saying the Aussies can't do the same to us. I wonder what people who bought tickets for Sunday are thinking?

They'll be watching the Charity Shield instead.

Both these sides have fragile batting lineups - one day they can look superb, and the next they can look hopeless. It will come down to the wicket/conditions, and the discipline of the bowling attacks. On that basis, you'd have to fancy England for this one.

P.S.: With the clouds around, mist in the air, and the first hard wicket of the series, just how Michael Clarke contrived to bat first, is frankly beyond me. I know that Cook later said he'd have done the same, but tbh, I think he was being kind.......:).

Nevermind the people that bought Saturday tickets, those that bought Friday tickets won't see much play at this rate.

Aussies 92/5 needing 53 to make England bat again and over a couple of hours to play tonight.