• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Community Shield match against Arsenal at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Sunday 2nd August, 2015 (Local UK time/date).

As sad as it is, not looking forward to this game at all.

I know it's just the Community Shield...but this is a MUST-WIN.

Cech will be there...which is going to be one of the saddest sights in football.

The game will be fiery and both teams will be up for it, 100%.

Up The Chels!

xCELERYx   

Cech to come for a crossed in corner, flap, and Terry to bundle it home. Celebrates by running the sideline with his finger to his lips to silence the fans.

Will be interesting to see who leads the line, Remy or Falcao.

Vinod   

Arsenal have always had enough to compete well with us. However they have a tactically inept manager. He will not balance strengths and weaknesses. Thankfully!

I am not so concerned about Cech's goalkeeping abilities as his leadership from the back. That could make a difference. I hope it does not.

Whether we win or lose depends on us. If we play to win, we will win.

Scooba   

I can't believe we have not even had one game of proper football yet and people are already bringing out the "must win" claims.

This game is the exact opposite of a must win, really I wouldn't care less if we played reserves/youngsters and got thrashed. That being said though, to save all my deluded arsenal supporting friends from noising me up I would quite like us to win. I also expect Jose not to play reserves so therefore I expect us to win. Our starting XI is stronger than theirs.

Scooba   

Jose has confirmed the whole squad is available to choose from.

Been a strange pre-season this.

Doesn't feel like we've had enough time to prepare? Has this pre-season been as long as previous ones or is my mind playing tricks with me?

Rob B   

No, I think Jose recently alluded to it being much shorter this time. Perhaps that's why the likes of RLC and Traore haven't seen many minutes?

Big question for me ahead of Sunday is does Jose risk Costa? Personally I wouldn't but there's no way he'll want to lose his unbeaten record against the voyeur!

I can't believe we have not even had one game of proper football yet and people are already bringing out the "must win" claims.

It's Arsenal. That's the reason. It's meaningless in terms of the season, yes, but you always want to beat Arsenal - that's what people mean by 'must win'.

Ham   

It's Arsenal. That's the reason. It's meaningless in terms of the season, yes, but you always want to beat Arsenal - that's what people mean by 'must win'.

ABSOLUTELY. And especially if, like me, you happen to live in North London...