• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

How deprived is your local area?

Makes sense, but doesn't sound right for our area, to be fair. McDonnell is our MP. Before he went in the shadow cabinet, he was always about here, listening to residents and actually doing stuff. My grandparents have had fantastic help, for instance.

You said a 9% barrier to services, which suggests that there are few barriers to getting things such as home helps, etc., which tallies with what you've said about your MP In spite of living in a more deprived area, residents still get decent levels of service from their local council ;-)

My area, which is better than 91% of all areas, has a 77% rating regarding barriers to services. With a local council more than happy to cut everything to the bone to please the ruling party in Westminster, and most people signed up to BUPA (or similar) it's of little surprise that those who really do need help can't get it as home helps, care assistants, meals on wheels, etc are virtually non-existent here.

Not really England, but according to the latest reports, my hometown is the one with the best average income per household in Finland, by far!

I do however live in a rather run down student flat in the suburbs of a small town outside of Helsinki. No excess to be seen here.