• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 3 Chelsea 0

I think the biggest problem for citeh this season is the manager situation. Players know what is going on at clubs and if you given them an opportunity or an excuse they will jump on it.

As soon as something goes slightly wrong, I'm convinced this squad of players will start thinking the only reason Pellegrini is here is because they could not get Guadiola and he won't be here next season. That's the perfect excuse for the likes of Yaya,Nasri to start swanning around not looking interested .

Barring a couple of players, this is already a mentally fragile group and I just can't see the season ahead running smoothly there.

Yes, that, and once injuries hit and the games start to rack up. Defensively, they're just as shaky as before and teams will exploit that.

Having said that, they still have 3 of the best 7-8 players in the league in Toure, Silva, and Aguero. Include the likes of Sterling, Bony, Nasri, and possibly De Bruyne and their individual quality alone leads me to believe that, just like last season, they'll be our closest challengers. I know you've plumped for Arsenal but I rate City higher.

The first half hour was a comedy worthy of the Keystone Kops and not a Tony Pulis side.

The first goal was horrendous but shortly afterwards two WBA players ran into each other chasing a loose ball , banging heads and falling on their behinds , the ball then Ricocheted around the area causing Boas Myhill to career from one side of his goal to the other , finally clutching onto the far post like it was a life jacket with a look of horror frozen on his face. The ball was traveling at approximately 1 mph throughout.

Woeful woeful WBA.

Watch them play a blinder against us.

I think the biggest problem for citeh this season is the manager situation. Players know what is going on at clubs and if you given them an opportunity or an excuse they will jump on it.

As soon as something goes slightly wrong, I'm convinced this squad of players will start thinking the only reason Pellegrini is here is because they could not get Guadiola and he won't be here next season. That's the perfect excuse for the likes of Yaya,Nasri to start swanning around not looking interested .

Barring a couple of players, this is already a mentally fragile group and I just can't see the season ahead running smoothly there.

Pellegrini just signed a new contract last week, though. Obviously he'll still be in for the sack if they go trophyless again this season, but it shows he's got the board's backing for now and he's not just keeping the seat warm for Guardiola

Zoowraa   

Pellegrini just signed a new contract last week, though. Obviously he'll still be in for the sack if they go trophyless again this season, but it shows he's got the board's backing for now and he's not just keeping the seat warm for Guardiola

Personally, I dont believe it's a contract that means a great deal. I think it has been offered to try and stop people talking about exactly what I have said. It's also designed to try and show the players he has our full support. I just don't see it working though as players are not stupid enough to believe that, they might say it in public when asked, but they can see through that.

The deal he has signed is not a long term deal. I think the only chance he has of keeping his job is to win one of the big two competitions and doing well in the other one too. I'm not sure winning the league alone saves him, no success in the CL gives them the perfect excuse to replace him for next season.

I think they feel they will get Guadiola for next season. It will be much easier to replace Pellegrini than it would be a new coach who only had one season. It keeps a certain level of continuity at the club for a year and I can see the logic in their decision. I just also see it having negative effect at some point this season and I think this will be enough to derail their title aspirations.

Holymoly   

A week ago we'd have been expecting 3 points in this game. Now, after we secured a draw with 10 men against a very good Swansea side and City rolled over an entirely ineffective WBA it lseems the sky is falling.

Welcome to the world of non-Football Manager.

I'd have been happy with a draw in this game before last weekend and nothing's changed.

Personally, I dont believe it's a contract that means a great deal. I think it has been offered to try and stop people talking about exactly what I have said. It's also designed to try and show the players he has our full support. I just don't see it working though as players are not stupid enough to believe that, they might say it in public when asked, but they can see through that.

Someone mentioned this before - maybe you, and I agree. There was a rumour a week or so ago that Pep would be at Man C in a year. If Pelly still had the same old contract at Christmas, then there'd be a lot of similar rumours and the players would stop making an effort for him. So the new contract fits equally the scenario he is staying and the scenario that he is on his way (and therefore changes nothing).

It really is amazing how many crap managers there are out there.

xCELERYx   

A week ago we'd have been expecting 3 points in this game. Now, after we secured a draw with 10 men against a very good Swansea side and City rolled over an entirely ineffective WBA it lseems the sky is falling.

Welcome to the world of non-Football Manager.

I'd have been happy with a draw in this game before last weekend and nothing's changed.

Personally speaking, cannot say I was expecting 3 points from this game a week ago, or even 3 weeks ago. Not with the performances we've been displaying. Hell, didn't believe we'd beat Swansea either tbh. With our problem areas not being fitness related, there's some genuine concerns to be had.

I don't think we'll win this game either, hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we'll do well to get a point.

It will be the bus.

Begovic, Bran/Zouma, Zouma/Cahill, JT, Dave, Ramires, Matic, Oscar/Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa.

Need more pace at the back, hence Zouma comes in. Ramires gives us energy in midfield & more solidity.

Man we need to win this. Drew first game, they won theirs. No wins this season yet. All the media hype around us this week. Big game.

This is a must win. And my hope is that will motivate us more, and combined with Jose's tactics will see us win. 1-0 or 2-0. Hazard definitely and maybe Costa.

Yes this is hope more than expectation. But we simply have to win.

If we even draw this game, the title will already be slipping from our grasp, and Jose will be under major pressure in the media. Don't need any of that.

Someone needs to be able to get close to Silva. And we'll be counterattacking a lot more than usual (which in practice means Cesc in CM)

So Begovic, Ivanovic, Cahill, JT, Azpi; Cesc, Zouma; Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Costa