• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 3 Chelsea 0

Rob B   

Hugely controversial I know, but I wouldn't be adverse to Cesc on the bench for this one.

I worry that with his lack of mobility, the likes of Toure, Silva, Sterling will just play around him and he'll struggle to get a hold of the game.

It'll never happen but a midfield three of Zouma, Matic and Oscar would be interesting. Hazard and Willian either side of Costa.

It will be the bus.

Begovic, Bran/Zouma, Zouma/Cahill, JT, Dave, Ramires, Matic, Oscar/Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa.

Need more pace at the back, hence Zouma comes in. Ramires gives us energy in midfield & more solidity.

Man we need to win this. Drew first game, they won theirs. No wins this season yet. All the media hype around us this week. Big game.

This is a must win. And my hope is that will motivate us more, and combined with Jose's tactics will see us win. 1-0 or 2-0. Hazard definitely and maybe Costa.

Yes this is hope more than expectation. But we simply have to win.

If we even draw this game, the title will already be slipping from our grasp, and Jose will be under major pressure in the media. Don't need any of that.

The title will be "slipping from our grasp" after 2 games?

Sciatika   

I quite like the 4-3-3 with

-----------------Begovic

Ivanovic--Cahill--Terry--Azpilicueta

-----------------Zouma

-----Fabregas--------Matic

---Willian------Costa-----Hazard

Or maybe Oscar for Cesc.

If we even draw this game, the title will already be slipping from our grasp, and Jose will be under major pressure in the media. Don't need any of that.

You can't seriously believe that. Two games? If we draw we'll only be two points behind city. With 108 points still up for grabs. If you said that with tongue in cheek, I apologise

Flinkers   

I think we'll see Jose's new favourite trick in this one - Zouma in midfield with Matic. Cesc as 10.

I expect something similar to last season - very cagey, sacrifice lots of possession, try and hit Costa long for the hold up play and then nick it through a counterattack or set-piece goal.

I don't expect a positive result.

Begovic

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Zouma - Matic

Ramires - Cesc - Hazard

Diego Costa

Vinod   

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Ramires Matic

Oscar Cesc Hazard

Costa

Get in Willian to run at tired defenders in the second half.

Holymoly   

Man we need to win this. Drew first game, they won theirs. No wins this season yet. All the media hype around us this week. Big game.

No wins this season? Yes, you're correct, we drew the only game we've played. Wake me up if we've no win in five.

Holymoly   

Any news if Yaya's apparent groin injury at the weekend is going to keep him out on Sunday?

Any result (draw or win) is a good result. As expected, Jose will make this a tactical battle. We're going to need hazard and Diego to make the difference at the etihad. Nonetheless, this season will be a marathon. Last year's start to finish lead was gravy but this season will be guts, fighting and grinding by any means necessary to overcome all the various factors and usual obstacles. The media is already in midseason form with their campaign. Refs will follow suit in due course. Jose has to rise above and hold the team together. He needs to stay as far away from the self destruct button as possible. That said, I expect us to pull out a result on Sunday. With 108 points to play, permutation exercises are a bit premature.